The Crow TV series?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I saw this at the used store and was wondering if it was decent and if it has any good action scenes.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

It was a decent effort. Action scenes were alright. Slow and simple, it is television after all. Mark Dacascos was the saving grace and made it watchable. Overall a good series that never found its footing.

bamboo spear

It was really bad, used to come on about the same time as the Conan, Beastmaster and Mortal Kombat shows (very late at night), but I used to watch it occassionally because I was a fan of Dacasscos. I was hoping the show would launch a more mainstream career for him, but it never seemed to happen. Made some good B movies though.

When I lived in NY, they played the series on Sunday afternoons on NBC. I thought it was pretty decent.

Marc Akerstream, who is best known for playing the gang leader Tony in Jackie Chan's Rumble in the Bronx, was the stunt coordinator of the series and was killed in a freak accident on the set of the series (yes this one) when he was hit with a piece of boat scrapnel after an explosion.

Mike Leeder

Its a show that took a while to catch its feet but when it did its a worthy successor....later episodes are very cool, the Skull Cowboy arrives in the shape of Kadeem Hardison from Drive, Julie Dreyfus from "Kill Bill" pops up throughout the series......

I picked up the TV Guide DVD release and its pretty cool, commentary on pilot, bloopers, etc

Sadly Marc Akerstream did pass away because of an accident during shooting, and they pay tribute to him on the commentary track.

Marc's death was a shock to me when I first heard it because I read it in a martial arts magazine. I instantly remembered him from Rumble in the Bronx and 10 years later, one wonders what could have became of him. I'd say he still would probably work as a stuntman in Canada.

I started watching this show when it aired on Sci-Fi, and I purchased the dvd release and was surprised at how much effort they put into trying to make it a quality release. But, it was really a good show.

I liked Dacascos's performance, but I was not very fond of the show. Not fond enough to watch more than just a few eps. I'm a big fan of the first two movies and of O'Barr's comics - and what Draven turned into in the series just didn't seem right.

...but I will be more than willing to give the show a second chance if opportunity arises.

I liked the series enough to watch the entire series but it was mainly due to Dacascos that I stuck with the show. I have to admit after seeing his performances in Drive, Crying Freeman and Brotherhood of the Wolf he's never been given the opportunity on some bigger action projects, well apart from cradle 2 the grave. I suppose had Jet Li been fit during cradle 2 the grave we could have seen a decent match-up and Dacascos might have had a few starring role opportunities. Instead he's been reduced to appearing in Stargate Atlantis, shame.

Dacascos is in in The Legend of Bruce Lee TV Series. He plays a Tai boxer. I loved The Crow Stairway To Heaven. I've been watching the series recently with the TV Guide DVD release. It would be nice if they actually finish out the series with a movie like what is discussed during the commentary tracks.

Morgoth Bauglir

I finally got around to watching this and I'm really liking it. Good acting, good stories, music, and though I'm only 3 episodes in, it has some of the best fights I've seen in an American TV show. Martial Law is the only one I can think of that has better fights. And Dacascos is awesome. Perfect for the role.

Archived