What if...

Videodrome200X

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

I'm not a fan of Jimmy Wang Yu, so I'd expect Sonny Chiba to wipe the floor with him. I guess like the Zatoichi film, they'd probably have a different finale depending on the market. Wang Yu would win in the Chinese markets; Sonny would win in the Japanese market.

KFS

SamuraiDana
Jimmy Wang Yu and Sonny Chiba made a film together in the 70s? How would that fare?

What if Bruce Lee and Elvis Presley had made a movie together in 1969? How awesome would that have been? Bruce fights and Elvis sings. And then in the big finale, Elvis joins in with the karate he knew. And they each walk off happily into the sunset singing the theme song with their girls, Bruce with Nancy Kwan and Elvis with Sharon Tate. (Made before August '69, of course!)

Wang Yu AND Sonny China??

I don't think I could take that much bad fighting in any one movie.

:D:D:D

SlothStyleKungFu

Sonny would kick his ass, I mean screen charisma/badasswise. Sonny could eat up the screen.

Something I found shocking the first time I saw Zatoichi Versus the One-Armed Swordsman was how small/slight Jimmy looked compared to everyone else in the Japanese cast. I know Jimmy's no physical bruiser, but he never came across like that in his other flicks.

What if Bruce Lee and Elvis Presley had made a movie together in 1969? How awesome would that have been? Bruce fights and Elvis sings. And then in the big finale, Elvis joins in with the karate he knew. And they each walk off happily into the sunset singing the theme song with their girls, Bruce with Nancy Kwan and Elvis with Sharon Tate. (Made before August '69, of course!)

Could you imagine The Wardrobe for that production?! LOL!

:P

Sonny would kick his ass, I mean screen charisma/badasswise. Sonny could eat up the screen.

Something I found shocking the first time I saw Zatoichi Versus the One-Armed Swordsman was how small/slight Jimmy looked compared to everyone else in the Japanese cast. I know Jimmy's no physical bruiser, but he never came across like that in his other flicks.

That's called camera angles, SlothStyleKungFu, notice how Bob Wall didn't appear much bigger than Bruce in ETD? It's all how the cinematographer sets up the shot so the hero doesn't come acrosss as a midget.

...Been doing it in Hollwood forever, ask Chuck Norris.:P

Archived