Need Help Identifying Yasuaki Kurata Film

KUNG FU BOB

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

A friend of mine gave me a bunch of Asian action film posters for my B-day, one of which I'm not familiar with. The title on the poster is THE TIGERS CLAW (no apostrophe in TIGERS). It says it stars Bruce Lo, Jiro Yabuki, Masashi Ishibashi (I think that's Jungo from THE STREETFIGHTER), and is directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi. I'm familiar with a lot of films by that director, but not this one. And I can't seem to find it anywhere. The poster art (which is quite cool) shows a bloody Yasuaki Kurata fighting a tiger which is mauling his arm. Anyone know anything about this film?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Thanks, have you seen it?

Does anybody have this?

Or, has anyone else seen it?

SlothStyleKungFu

I'm jealous. I've been on the search for that poster for ages.

"Bruce Lo" is a Kurata alias Bruiceclone distributors made up. Haven't had my hands on the film in ages and own no orig "Fight! Dragon" eps, but I'm pretty sure I heard that "Tigers Claw" (also I believe released as "Fighting Dragon") is a moviefied amalgam of some "Fight! Dragon" episodes. Hopefully someone else can concretely confirm or deny as my memory's fuzzy.

You'[re spot on, SSKF - Fighting Dragon is indeed some Fight! Dragon eps welded together.

Fingers crossed the Fight! Dragon box set is a reality...

I believe someone else posted an answer to whether Which is Stronger... was on DVD a while back and the answer is revengeismydestiny.com have a subbed boot of it - no idea as to the quality, though!!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey thanks for all the info guys!

Hey SSKF, if I had a second copy, it'd be yours Brother.

I can't believe my friend (who knows next to nothing about Asian movies) randomly ordered a bunch of posters for me and they all turned out to be great... including a sweet, nice condition STREETFIGHTER'S LAST REVENGE poster, and this one.

I'd never heard of Fight! Dragon before I started checking out this forum. But if it's got Kurata, count me in as a finger crosser for a boxed set too!

jiujitsu77, my computer has been acting up, so I might not be able to. But if I can, I'll post a good pic of the poster within the next 24 hours. It's not as colorful as the Japanese poster, and doesn't have the smaller pictures at the bottom, but it's still really cool.

And I hated Samuraois. I wanted to like it... but I just couldn't.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Okay, i'm attempting to add the TIGERS CLAW poster. But, when it comes to anything technical/computer stuff, I'm a mental midget. I've burned CDs and DVDs before, but a friend had to set it up for me...

post-159-144191879299_thumb.jpg

Archived