GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

THATS BOO UNTO thee OH RARESCOPE!

For the third or fourth time I can name the following:

1. Cotton Mill.

2. Dream Sword.

And the latest addition to my COMPLAINT against Rarescope is:

3. Love and Sword.

All three of these movies feature BAD SOUND timing. When words or action sounds are DELAYED a 1/4 of a second or more.

Come on folks if I was running a business I would make sure I put out QUALITY or not put out anything at all.

To me this is either a lack of knowing or done purposely. To say the least IT sucks!

I am a kung fu movie enthusiast since 1971. Seen hundreds of movies. In the early days of renting VHS one would sometime have the sound screwed up but then rarely. The main thing was the top bending of the picture I am sure you all know what I mean. And then you would have the jerky picture. This went with the territory.

Rarescope claims it puts out "RARE" kung fu movies. Okay fine but having three or more of your releases with the BAD SOUND SYNDROME well folks I personally think they don't care or we would not see this as a trend in there DVD's.

So I say BOO unto thee oh Rarescope!

An irritated DRAGON.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Falkor these were US release.

I know my KFM and when the sound is FD UP I can't bare to watch a movie.

Some folks don't seem to mind.

GD Y-Y

I suggest you get UK versions, which are the original Rarescope prints. The US releases were converted and re-authored from the UK sources. In other words, the UK releases are the genuine Rarescope prints, and shouldn't have any problems. Rarescope has no control over their US counterparts.

Yeah, what Falkor said.

Also, my label will be putting out 'Dream Sword' in the UK later this year.

I suggest you get UK versions, which are the original Rarescope prints. The US releases were converted and re-authored from the UK sources. In other words, the UK releases are the genuine Rarescope prints, and shouldn't have any problems. Rarescope has no control over their US counterparts.

Thanks for that info Falkor....didn't realize this.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Now I understand shoddy producers in the USA only out for the almighty $$$$$ and F the rest of US.

Oh well what can you do except not buy there product.

GD Y-Y

I'm just glad somebody is bothering to get them out. I don't think there is any profit to be made with them. I'm still lamenting the discontinuance of the Fusian and Crash rares that were to be released.

Morgoth Bauglir

I havent' noticed the sound delays, except for the Love and Sword English dub. Does the UK release of Love and Sword have the English dub synced up correctly? I would love to get a good English dub wide copy of that movie.

Rarescope aren't what I'd call quality personally.

The attempts at removable English subtitles on 'Cub Tiger' suck.

bought the 10 pack "Flicks that Kick" and have no sound timing problems with Dream Sword or Cotton Mill. Only problems were some films were missing frames- but learned to live with it.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh.

Considering the rarity etc, it's good they're putting the stuff out. I just think the presentation could be a bit better from the stuff that's fixable.

SlothStyleKungFu

I bought some of the multi-packs too, rounds out to about a buck a film, so I'm not complaining.

Archived