The Big Boss and Eastern Condors?

Asmo

Now I may be over thinking this, and I know the two movies are completely different but I noticed a few similarities/shared traits:

1. The music in Eastern Condors during the scene where the convicts jump from the plane is the same as the music in a part of The Big Boss (I believe it was a fight scene).

2. Yuen Wah's appearance in EC is somewhat similar to Han Ying Chieh's appearance in TBB.

3. Yuen Wah's 'giggles' and yells during the final fight could be considered similar to Bruce Lee's trademark yells.

Now as I said, I could very well be over thinking this, but has anyone else noticed this and come to the conclusion that Sammo may be paying homage to TBB?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah true, didn't feel the need to mention Dirty Dozen as it should be pretty obvious.

gravedigger666

I do not have eastern condors now but back in vhs time I did read there is basketball scene in taiwanese edition.That sure was not in hk tape,has full lenght feature released on dvd?

I don't know if it is actually on that version but the trailer had some of that footage. The missing scenes are considered lost, unless they're in the Fortune Star vaults.

The trailer showed snippets of scenes set in prison too.

gravedigger666

taiwan print of "island of fire" was also full lenght.Missing scenes are also featured on some dvd release(hk legends???) but they have to be choosed separately.I think someone said also some Once Upon A Time In Chinas are longer in taiwan editions.

Yeah I knew about Island of Fire. There are also Taiwanese editions of a few Jackie Chan movies from the 1990s, that come with a dual sided disc: one side has the US cut of the film. The other has a longer cut. We're sort of taking this off topic.

There are lot of taiwanese dvds/vcds of Jackie Chan,Sammo Hung and etc. movies at yesasia,are they longer??

I suspect some may be.

Archived