Shaolin vs Wutang?

Asmo

Forgive me if this has been addressed (I searched for similar topics) but I was curious as to whether the dvd edition that credits Gordon as the director is the best version to get? Never seen this and was interested.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gravedigger666

I have not seen this for well over decade since sold my hk vhs tape off and recall very little of this.Remember opening credits is awesome,in middle of movie some of good guys got gunned down by military of archery men and wang lung wei does not die in the end.Need to keep eyes open if dvd comes across.

There is a dvd of it out, that I believe may be a bootleg. I know little about it, hence the thread.

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't know of other versions besides the Xenon one. And the Xenon is kind of crappy.

thundered mantis

There´s also the french version, Shaolin contre WuTong, which is a bit dark, cut (79 mins. with PAL speedup), BUT it´s letterbox, which is the most important factor for me. Oh, and it´s french dubbed only.

I don't know of other versions besides the Xenon one. And the Xenon is kind of crappy.

Wasn't there a link posted to (I believe) a youtube clip of a better version? Makes me wonder if that version is out there.

oldeschool17

Do you mean never seen the actual movie or just the credit sequence? All dvds that are out on this are boots. Never thought much of this movie either. Only good part was the intro.

There's the release that was put out in the UK by Vengeance which is legit - Fullscreen, Dubbed with burnt in English subtitles.

oldeschool17
There's the release that was put out in the UK by Vengeance which is legit - Fullscreen, Dubbed with burnt in English subtitles.

Isnt that just a port of the tai seng or xenon releases?

5 Element Boxer

Every version of this film is crap (DVD or VHS). Hopefully we'll get to see it properly remastered. We might have to send a petition to Gordon Liu.

Do you mean never seen the actual movie or just the credit sequence? All dvds that are out on this are boots. Never thought much of this movie either. Only good part was the intro.

Never actually seen the film.

Every version of this film is crap (DVD or VHS). Hopefully we'll get to see it properly remastered. We might have to send a petition to Gordon Liu.

D'oh! Could have asked him by proxy when he was in Canada! Maybe if FrankyLau sees this he'll be kind enough to let Gordon know.

Archived