Kill and Kill Again

daisho2004

daisho2004

Does anyone remember this movie from the 80's? Starring James Ryan (IV) he made this movie and his 1st. one was "Kill or Be Killed" which I thought kinda sucked but from what I remember this one was pretty good.

51YMFMWEE1L._SS500_.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

This movie is so much fun. Good fights and great comedy. Seriously one of my favorite movies of alltime.

Chinatown Kid

Yeah it was incredibly cheesy but I liked it. The fights featuring Shotokan style Karate weren't bad although star James Ryan didn't look like he had much Martial Arts skill. The dudes that played The Fly and Gypsie Billy looked like authentic practicioners though. I have the DVD pictured above and also Kill or Be Killed on vhs. I think both were made in South Africa.

dionbrother

The Fly and Gypsy Billie were played by Stan Schmidt and Norman Robinson, the top Shotokan teachers in South Africa. I prefer KILL OR BE KILLED because it's so damn wacky and inept. Plus the weird cricket chirping breathing Ryan does while fighting is, well, unique. And for all I know, that may be a weird form of sanchin. Fun, goofy live action comic books that deserve better dvd releases than the various bootlegs. Crash Cinema had access to a 35mm print of KILL AND KILL AGAIN and then didn't release it, like a 100 other dumb things they did.

I enjoyed both Kill or be Killed and Kill and Kill Again. I liked the use of the true style of Shotokan Karate and Stan Schmidt and Norman Robinson did some pretty good choreography for these South African films. They even appeared in the first film as members of the villain's martial arts team.

I did like that James Ryan would appear in Kickboxer 5: The Redemption. Here's a hint of trivia with that film for anyone who has seen it. The German kickboxer that Ryan fights and ultimately kills in the film is played by Gavin Hood, who directed the film Tsotsi and the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine!!!

SlothStyleKungFu

I like the flicks.

I always thought James Ryan was pretty underrated, one of those, coulda' been a slightly bigger 80's action star. He had the looks, some decent acting skills- well,decent enough for an 80's action star- and a good physical presence. Being such a stickler to work out of South Africa is what really held him back.

Archived