hi im new - i have a question about a film

TheNoArmedAndLeggedBoxer

TheNoArmedAndLeggedBoxer

hi all im new to this forum, i used to watch kung fu films years ago loved em, had a bit of a revisit a few years back when they started to re release em again, noticed that shaw bros are remastering all their oldies now, which is great because they made some great films and watching em in their original format with a good picture and propper sound with subs is the best way to watch imho

my fav films in no particular order

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin

Drunken Master

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow

the young master

Once Upon a Time in China

Fong Sai Yuk

iron monkey both old and new

heroes of the east

five element ninjas

zu warriors of majic mountain

8 diagram pole fighter

master of the flying gilotine

to name but a few.....

im a bit of a gordon liu fan or Chia Hui Liu if you want to call him by his real name this is where my question comes in:::

i dont know the name and i would like to if anyone can tell me?, i remember watching a film of his which is a bit like the chambers of shaolin except he cant enter the temple as a monk, but he really wants to train in kung-fu so first he pretends to be a monk shaves his head and sticks on the monk marks but that does not work, so he gets a job in the temple doing things like cooking cleaning and building while he tries to learn the styles he can see going off in the temple, theres this really good fight scene where he has built this scafolding rig for rebiulding a wall of the temple and he gets spotted by one of the masters spying on the training, the master comes and asks what he is up to and tries to punish him but he has created his own style of kung fu a sort of scafolding rig kung fu some funny stuff in it and good fight scenes, would be cool if anyone could name it for me......

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheNoArmedAndLeggedBoxer

well i kinda thought that but thought it was too obvious, cheers gravedigger...

SamuraiDana

Why the question marks? He's definitely describing "Return to the 36th Chamber." (Aka "Return of the Master Killer")

And don't forget to use the shift key.

ironfistedmonk

Oh my god he didn't use the shift key!!!!!!! Lets get him :D

Maybe he used question marks because he was unsure of himself and he was just offering a suggestion????????????????????? Thats my logic on the issue, if I wasn't in such a bad mood today I wouldn't have even commented on this but the nitpicking of such tiny little things by self appointed forum police has gotten on my nerves, this kind of thing drives newbies away and is no good in the long run.

Morgoth Bauglir

You better watch it ironfistedmonk. You have way too many exclamation points and question marks in your post. It;s just ridiculous. If this happens again I will have to take action. First you willl receive a warning. Then, if you mess up again, it will be a second warning. Then, it's a third warning. And now with a third warning you know you are in serious trouble, because if you screw up again you get a fourth warning. That's right, a fourth warning. You don't want one of those.

gravedigger666
Oh my god he didn't use the shift key!!!!!!! Lets get him :D

Maybe he used question marks because he was unsure of himself and he was just offering a suggestion????????????????????? Thats my logic on the issue, if I wasn't in such a bad mood today I wouldn't have even commented on this but the nitpicking of such tiny little things by self appointed forum police has gotten on my nerves, this kind of thing drives newbies away and is no good in the long run.

You are right..question ??? was because I have seen it just once and well over 10 years ago and have to admit was not so much into it back then.Scenes of original poster described sounded familiar but I was not sure 100% do they happen in that film.

ironfistedmonk

The dreaded fourth warning eh, I'd better watch my behaviour (and my punctuation lol) in future, I don't want one of those :P

The Dragon
The dreaded fourth warning eh, I'd better watch my behaviour (and my punctuation lol) ... :P

And your spelling.

:D

ironfistedmonk

My spelling is impeccable old chap, Queens English (even though she's German lol), no worries there.

Archived