Best Chi Kuan Chun Flick

Guest daTOAD

Reel Power Stunts
Draw the spear Mr Pattern!!! Does it say he is 26 at the bottom there, T??

No. It says something along the lines of "in the olden days, the spear he is using weighed 62 catty" (that's approx 31kg)

Yeah looking at it now I see the Gan/catty character at the end-I was reading it the wrong way round, as yee sap lohk instead of lohk sap yee gan

Draw the spear Mr Pattern!!! Does it say he is 26 at the bottom there, T??

CKC needs a new nickname. Mr. Pattern bothers me and I can't figure it out!

He got called mr Pattern coz he was, and judging by his recent Fu Hok demo on youtube, still is the king of forms/patterns. You can always give him a nickname of your own....how about Shapes Daddy (although Chan Sing IS THE DADDY) or Forms King etc.

He got called mr Pattern coz he was, and judging by his recent Fu Hok demo on youtube, still is the king of forms/patterns. You can always give him a nickname of your own....how about Shapes Daddy (although Chan Sing IS THE DADDY) or Forms King etc.

I think I'll keep my nickname to myself:15_002:

I watched EAGLE'S CLAW this week I thought the character played by Chi Kuan Chun was good as I like how he seems somewhere in-between good & bad.

I watched EAGLE'S CLAW this week I thought the character played by Chi Kuan Chun was good as I like how he seems somewhere in-between good & bad.

I also like his Eagle's Claw character. It was a change from the straight laced patriot he usually played. I also like his character in Ways of Kung Fu. Must have been hard for him to act like he knew no kung fu at the beginning and his characters in Green Jade Statuette and The Big Rascal are also off the beaten path for him. Most of his characters after Shaw Brothers were different and interesting. More developed.

BlackLamaFaction

The copy of Beggar of no Equal that I saw was not very good quality, but it still looked like some of his best work to me. Also Shaolin Red Master and Crazy Horse Intelligent Monkey. Didn't think Shaw style choreography suited his on screen style so his Shaw stuff (while classics) wouldn't be my favorite Chi Kuan Chun movies.

It's funny that people are talking about Cotton Mill's print quality.....it's always been that same print since the early 90's on bootleg VHS so I dont see a problem with it.

Considering the dire Malaysian boots of Shaw's movies at the same time, Legend of the Fox looking like it's filmed thru a snowstorm, Cat vs Rat basically looking like shadows in B+W etc Cotton Mill didnt look so bad in comparison.

I would simply like to read the text so I may follow the story AND action. Some of us have begun to walk upright, use utensils to dine, formed languages, and sometimes even use a napkin, or two.

Would it be too much to ask a legible text?

Yeah its a really complex story to follow...wait its the same story as Chi Kuan Chun's parts of Men From the Monastery and Shaolin Avengers...as for Cotton Mill's subtitles I've never had any trouble reading them.....maybe some people need to evolve a bit more...eh??

I would simply like to read the text so I may follow the story AND action. Some of us have begun to walk upright, use utensils to dine, formed languages, and sometimes even use a napkin, or two.

Would it be too much to ask a legible text?

There is a slightly better version of this that is fan-made and done by an old forum member. The Rarescope DVD was improved and removable subtitles were added.

See this thread:

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10383

Post #33 has screenshot comparisons.