Best Chi Kuan Chun Flick

Guest daTOAD

crazedjustice888

Glad another CKC enthusiast is on the forum.

If I had to choose my top 3...hhmmmm....

1. Showdown at the Cottonmill

2. Disciples of Shaolin

3. Green Jade Statuette

Those are my top 3 for sure.

Have yet to set Showdown, and Disciples is a DAMN solid film. Like I said never seen one of his I didn't like :xd:

You have to see Showdown! The fight seems are awesome! You will enjoy it!

If I had to choose my 3 favourite Mr Pattern

(Chi Kuan Chun's late nite nickname in England) flicks....would have to be.

1: Showdown at Cotton Mill-shapes are

TOO RUFFHOUSE

2: Two Roving Heroes-Mr Pattern and

Lee Yi Min- with wicked Sound F.X

and awesome Taiwan madness.

3: Shaolin Invicible Guys-coz I have a

soft spot for Raymond Lui and Mr

Pattern's gold tooth is cool.

Always carry around an autographed business card for Mr Pattern's gym in Taiwan. He signed it in 2001

Chi kuan Chun is one of the best kung fu actors i.m.o. always delivers,who ever he teams up with that person is instantly upgraded

fave films:

Cotton mill

Shaolin avengers

Eagle fist

Chinatown Kid

Showdown at the Cotton Mill is my favorite film of his because it's the ultimate Northern kicks vs Southern fists fight and features Tan Tao Liang in a rare villain role. I heard both stars consider it their best work, shame about the print but rarescope did a great job in restoring it the best they could. I swear Chi's body looks like it was carved out of stone, even more ripped than Bruce!

I've always been interested in Showdown At The Cotton Mill...all the high praise has solidified that. LOL

I've seen these 2...thoughts (picture quality/subs, etc)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Showdown-Cotton-Mill-DVD-NEW-/260849195788?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item3cbbd2db0c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWDOWN-COTTON-MILL-Chi-Kuan-Chun-DVD-NEW-/260851345925?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3cbbf3aa05

I've always been interested in Showdown At The Cotton Mill...all the high praise has solidified that. LOL

There is only one print (Rarescope) that is worth getting for this.

While not IVL quality, it certainly betters the dog-eared print that was floating around forever.

Since my post back in 2007, I've acquired about 35 of his 53 (according to HKMDb) films but still --

have yet to see The Murder of Murders aka The Massive (sigh...)

Maybe, by 2015...? :frown:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Showdown-Cotton-Mill-DVD-NEW-/260849195788?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item3cbbd2db0c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWDOWN-COTTON-MILL-Chi-Kuan-Chun-DVD-NEW-/260851345925?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3cbbf3aa05

I bought the second version from the same company! I love my copy! I posted it on youtube.

While not IVL quality, it certainly betters the dog-eared print that was floating around forever.

Since my post back in 2007, I've acquired about 35 of his 53 (according to HKMDb) films but still --

The massive is good. It is up on youtube.

Showdown at the Cotton Mill is my favorite film of his because it's the ultimate Northern kicks vs Southern fists fight and features Tan Tao Liang in a rare villain role. I heard both stars consider it their best work, shame about the print but rarescope did a great job in restoring it the best they could. I swear Chi's body looks like it was carved out of stone, even more ripped than Bruce!

Every good points CTK.

I'd have to say SHOWDOWN AT THE COTTON MILL is my favourite as well also the title it's self one of my titles.

qRTLt9HSAVI

Every good points CTK.

I'd have to say SHOWDOWN AT THE COTTON MILL is my favourite as well also the title it's self one of my titles.

qRTLt9HSAVI

This was an excellent tribute. After seeing this, I bought my own copy.

Is the Rarescope dubbed only?

The massive is good. It is up on youtube.

Definitely need to pick this up (someday).

I bought the second version from the same company! I love my copy! I posted it on youtube.

If I remember correctly, there's a boot of the Rarescope print out there by PanMedia/RS which "might be" this version (I have not seen it). I would certainly rather see people support the real deal. Not sure if Toby still sees some coin on each purchase but if he does, I'm sure he'd appreciate the effort.

Is the Rarescope dubbed only?

Mand w/ Eng subs.

Definitely need to pick this up (someday).

If I remember correctly, there's a boot of the Rarescope print out there by PanMedia/RS which "might be" this version (I have not seen it). I would certainly rather see people support the real deal. Not sure if Toby still sees some coin on each purchase but if he does, I'm sure he'd appreciate the effort.

Mand w/ Eng subs.

Much thanks my good sir :) Most listing had little/no info listed.

Well done T that trailer had me sucked in really thought that was an original release trailer, reminded me of that wicked tape Kung Fu Mania, until the words "The Shapes Never Stop" cool lyrics.

Always thought it was a shame Fatty couldnt get Mr Pattern (Sinkler rools) in Warriors Two, think he would've handled those shapes better than Casanova.

Oh and cheers T for getting me that signed business card from Mr Pattern, it's always in my wallet

I have green jade statuette on the dvd player to be watched next, I thought he was badass in Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Martial Arts, even if he took a backseat to Fu Sheng he was still showed as the stronger older brother.

My favorite part of ST is when he's doing his animal forms -

ShaolinTemplex.jpg

crazedjustice888

I love that image Tosh. Yeah it was always interesting how he never really had the main part, but he was always the guy that when he walked up, the bad guys took a step back...:laluot_02:

The print i watched was very muddy/dark, so really couldn't enjoy this. This YT clip is much brighter.

Always loved this cameo fight he did in Eagles claw v butterfly palm