Best Chi Kuan Chun Flick

Guest daTOAD

spearman lo tat
i loved his character in disciple of shaolin , although he didnt say much he knew fu sheng was doomed from the start becuase he already had been through it and when he killed chaing to he didnt even wait until he dropped dead just calmy walked off while chaing to was dying , superb, here is chi kuwan chun on a gameshow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_GZzfJeixQ

word up. i agree whole-heartedly. his character was very underrated, for lack of a better word, for his silence spoke volumes to his character. it gives me chills when i think of how Chi put those heads to bed early. i remember that gangster-type music playing after Chi administered (poetic) justice to Chiang Tao and just walked off like that, not even witnessing the "arched-back-then-back-to-the-ground death" that many succumb to, and all i could say was "DAMN!"

crazedjustice888

Man...in Disciples of Shaolin, he EXEMPLIFIED what a REAL fight should be. Quick, deadly, and to the point. I always laughed when I saw him walk into the sun thinking...man...thats a true man right there. :P

Oh, and that video clip of him on that game show was just so inspirational...he is about 60 or a little past and STILL looks like that..:o..my GOD that is awesome...:nerd:

crazedjustice888
i have some more chi kwun stuff with him doing forms on shows i will upload later.

PLEASE DO!!! THEY ARE SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!

I haven't seen all of CKC's films but I had a hard time sitting through Drunken Monkey! His performance was good but the kids in the film were annoying to me. I love Showdown at the Cotton Mill, The Big Rascal, Boxer Rebellion, all the Shaw films actually and Green Jade Statuette.

crazedjustice888
I haven't seen all of CKC's films but I had a hard time sitting through Drunken Monkey! His performance was good but the kids in the film were annoying to me. I love Showdown at the Cotton Mill, The Big Rascal, Boxer Rebellion, all the Shaw films actually and Green Jade Statuette.

I know what you mean. CKC was actually the main reason I watched and liked Drunken Monkey. All the ones you listed I love as well with Showdown being my absolute FAVORITE movie...hahaha

I know what you mean. CKC was actually the main reason I watched and liked Drunken Monkey. All the ones you listed I love as well with Showdown being my absolute FAVORITE movie...hahaha

CKC was the ONLY reason I watched it! I want to see Seven Swords since my goal is to see EVERY FILM he acted in. The reviews I have read weren't very good but I would suffer through it just to see him!:kiss:

crazedjustice888
CKC was the ONLY reason I watched it! I want to see Seven Swords since my goal is to see EVERY FILM he acted in. The reviews I have read weren't very good but I would suffer through it just to see him!:kiss:

I saw Seven Swords...just for him and LKL...hahaha but the parts they were featured in were pretty good. I was going to say something, but I don't want to spoil it for you but I hope you enjoy it even in the slightest.

I saw Seven Swords...just for him and LKL...hahaha but the parts they were featured in were pretty good. I was going to say something, but I don't want to spoil it for you but I hope you enjoy it even in the slightest.

I get a little enjoyment out of all the films he's in just because he is in them.:bigsmile:

crazedjustice888
I get a little enjoyment out of all the films he's in just because he is in them.:bigsmile:

I know what you mean. There are still just a couple more films I have yet to see though. What movies of his HAVEN'T you seen?

I know what you mean. There are still just a couple more films I have yet to see though. What movies of his HAVEN'T you seen?

According to the filmography at http://www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.com//SBR%20Filmografien/html/chi_kuan_chun_filmography.html I haven't seen these:

Three Styles of Hung Fist 1974

Seven Man Army 1976

Naval Commandos 1977

Magnificent Wanderers 1977

Sandman 1978

Immortal Warriors 1979

Lone Ninja Warrior 1982

Little Flying Dragon 1982

Woman King Bee 1983

Lucky Dragon 1991

Wolf of Revenge 1992

Lady Killer 1992

Seven Swords 2005

crazedjustice888
According to the filmography at http://www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.com//SBR%20Filmografien/html/chi_kuan_chun_filmography.html I haven't seen these:

Three Styles of Hung Fist 1974

Seven Man Army 1976

Naval Commandos 1977

Magnificent Wanderers 1977

Sandman 1978

Immortal Warriors 1979

Lone Ninja Warrior 1982

Little Flying Dragon 1982

Woman King Bee 1983

Lucky Dragon 1991

Wolf of Revenge 1992

Lady Killer 1992

Seven Swords 2005

I have never even heard of most of those...hahahaha good luck in finding them though.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I have not heard this film mentioned, (if I got the title right), Master of Shaolin.

There is the one scene before he fights the main villain where he OFF'S at least ten sword and shield baddy's / Perhaps that will help identify the film I am thinking of here.

You have to love this guys work. He is in that immortals category of kung fu cinema actors.

One of the GREATS of ALL time.

Very few of the movies he was in were disappointing.

And I will never forget someone on this forum calling him: "ferret face" LOL!

GD Y-Y

I have not heard this film mentioned, (if I got the title right), Master of Shaolin.

There is the one scene before he fights the main villain where he OFF'S at least ten sword and shield baddy's / Perhaps that will help identify the film I am thinking of here.

You have to love this guys work. He is in that immortals category of kung fu cinema actors.

GD Y-Y

Maybe this is it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJ6uOzkINs&feature=related

GD Y-Y

The movie is Revenge of the Shaolin Kid. I really like that movie! Showdown at the Cotton Mill is my favorite! He does not have a ferret face! IMO he was the best looking of all the Shaw's actors in the 70s.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Yes CKCgirl and Akuma THAT is exactly the movie I spoke of. Thanks.

One of my favorites of his.

GD Y-Y

I have never even heard of most of those...hahahaha good luck in finding them though.

I found a couple on ebay. Will let you know if I get them!

Another thread I have no clue HOW I missed. IMHO Chi Kuan Chun is one of the most underrated of the Shaw stars. I have enjoyed him in everything I've seen him in.

Another thread I have no clue HOW I missed. IMHO Chi Kuan Chun is one of the most underrated of the Shaw stars. I have enjoyed him in everything I've seen him in.

I totally agree with you! What's your favorite CKC film?

I totally agree with you! What's your favorite CKC film?

From what I have seen my top 3 would probably be:

The Shaolin Avengers

Seven Man Army

Boxer Rebellion

From what I have seen my top 3 would probably be:

The Shaolin Avengers

Seven Man Army

Boxer Rebellion

I haven't seen Seven Man Army yet.

My top 3 are:

Showdown at the Cotton Mill

Boxer Rebellion

Disciples of Shaolin

:bigsmile:

My top 3 are:

Boxer Rebellion

Disciples of Shaolin

I need to add Iron Neck Li to that list in a tie for 3rd.

My top 3 are:

Boxer Rebellion

Disciples of Shaolin

Have yet to set Showdown, and Disciples is a DAMN solid film. Like I said never seen one of his I didn't like :xd: