Best Chi Kuan Chun Flick

Guest daTOAD

Guest Yakuza954

My favorite movie of his by far is Shaolin Invincible Guys aka Sandman. I've never seen him or Raymond Lui look better on screen. I used to joke around that Chi Kuan Chun was a poor man's Chen Kuan Tai, but Shaolin Invincible Guys made me change my tune about him.

Guest monk sante
I used to joke around that Chi Kuan Chun was a poor man's Chen Kuan Tai, but Shaolin Invincible Guys made me change my tune about him.

SAY WHAT! Chi is nobodys poor man, look at the body on that MoFo! I'm a fan of both actors but CKC rules!

;)

Guest kungfood

Chi Kuan-Chun is one of my all-time favorites.

And my favorite of his films are first, his Chang's Film/Shaw films:

Shaolin Martial Arts

Men From the Monastery

Disciples of Shaolin

Shaolin Avengers (essentially a remake of Men From the Monastery)

5 Shaolin Masters

Shaolin Temple

Marco Polo

The Boxer Rebellion

His good independents include:

Showdown at the Cottonmill

The Roving Heroes

He made one independent that co-starred Han Kwok Choy and Wen Hsueh-Erh, and had Chu Tieh-Ho as the villain, but I don't remember the title.

Although I was disappointed by Drunken Monkey, Chi Kuan-Chun himself appears almost ageless. Unlike most of the old-school guys, Chi still looks the same; great. Though the choreography has limited what he can show (fist punches only) in DM and in Seven Swords.

IMO, he and Fu Sheng made THE great 2-man team in their Shaw days.

Chi sure made a great villain in Drunken Monkey (2002), where he took on Lau Kar-Leung and Wu Jing.

My favorites of his films are:

Disciples of Shaolin

Eagle's Claw

Golden Mask

Showdown in the Cotton Mill

Morgoth Bauglir

After reading this thread awhile back I had to get Green Jade Statuette, and it is awesome just like you guys said. Tommy lee, Chi Kuan Chun and Meng fei are all in top form, and it was nice to see fighting cameos from Lung Fei, Leung Kar Yan and Shan Mao. There are tons of other recognizable faces as well, like Jimmy Lee, Phillip Ko, and Wang Kuan Hsiung. Great movie.

Chi Kuan Chun's performance in "Drunken Monkey" was awesome to say the least. Judging by his physique you know this man still trains hard in his style of Hung Gar Kung Fu. I would like to see him play a villian again against a Wu Jing or Donnie Yen.:cool:

Hey, at least he wasn't completely wasted, like Jason Pai Piao. Now that was BS!

True that................I would hate to see what his paycheck looked like when Tsui was passing them out. :rolleyes:

Morgoth Bauglir

Well, to be fair, it must have somethign to do with the character. Leung Kar Yan played Pai Paio's character in the Tv series and he didn't get to show off his skills. Sorry to sidetrack this thread. Back to Chi Kuan Chun talk!

Shaolin Red Master- kind of a crappy movie, but awesome fights at the end with Jimmy lee and Tommy Lee. Just don't buy the Videoasia version! It is badly full screen and the final fight is too close up. but maybe it was shot that way in the first place?

Well, to be fair, it must have somethign to do with the character. Leung Kar Yan played Pai Paio's character in the Tv series and he didn't get to show off his skills. Sorry to sidetrack this thread. Back to Chi Kuan Chun talk!

Shaolin Red Master- kind of a crappy movie, but awesome fights at the end with Jimmy lee and Tommy Lee. Just don't buy the Videoasia version! It is badly full screen and the final fight is too close up. but maybe it was shot that way in the first place?

Another one I need to check out again, can't remember if full screen or Wide-Screen. Will check it out over weekend. I remember it being pretty good quality if that helps!!

Shaolin Red Master was Digitally Remastered by Eastern Heroes. I think I have the Pal Region 2 copy. I bought my copy off Amazon.com

Buy a All Region Dvd player if you don't have one. Really helps!!:)

cant find it[internet shopping is my last option].

Try anotherheaven.biz.tell Kenny from NJ told you about this site.might get discount.

Morgoth Bauglir
Buddahs Palm and dragons fist.Best movie of his i saw.Djdnt see Showdown at cottenmil yet or green jade stattilute.

Yeah he tears it up in Buddhas Palm Dragons Fist. Nonstop fights in that movie. I think I counted 11 major fights in total. Lots of fun.

crazedjustice888

I see these appreciation threads for Chen Kuan Tai, Fu Sheng and some others, but I haven't seen any for my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE KUNG FU STAR!!!! CHI KUAN CHUN!!! THIS GUY IS THE MAN!!! An EXCELLENT fighter. I really enjoyed all of the movies I have seen him in. I also love how he always takes the serious role and is like the last line of defense in a lot of his movies. He is powerful and VERY well versed within the Hung Style. The way he displays his skills is just simply amazing. For crying out loud he snaps peoples necks left and right. Also when I think of him the song Indestructible by Disturbed just plays in my head...lol He might not be the best actor, but to me his stone wall face just works for him in my opinion :nerd: When one of my friends watched one of his movies with me they laughed because they thought I was like him, so hey why not like him.

What is everyone else's opinion on him?

Him and Lo Mang have to be two of the most ripped people on the planet, I'm interested in seeing some of his indy movies I haven't got around to, like Green Jade Statuette.

If you dig deep enough there was a good thread on him in the Classic section with some great pics.

crazedjustice888

Yeah they are...my goodness. I wonder what his training consisted of...:nerd:

I just ordered Green Jade Statuette, but I would recommend Dragon Force, VERY good at least to me.

I tried searching, but I will go back for it, and thanks for the recommendation.

crazedjustice888

Sorry for not having it in the right place and thank you for moving it. My dad watched Boxer's Rebellion and Shaolin Avengers with me and was amazed at his upper body skills but strangely liked his kicks as far as snap wise goes.

crazedjustice888
For me my fav. chi kuan chun movies are:

iron neck li and crazy horse intelligent monkey

I have never seen Iron Neck Li but Crazy Horse Intelligent Monkey was pretty cool. I just wish I could find it on DVD...

I was wondering if there is any way to get a copy of Golden Mask like the German one with widescreen and uncut scenes...but with English audio or subtitles. Anyone aware of the existence of this?

i loved his character in disciple of shaolin , although he didnt say much he knew fu sheng was doomed from the start becuase he already had been through it and when he killed chaing to he didnt even wait until he dropped dead just calmy walked off while chaing to was dying , superb, here is chi kuwan chun on a gameshow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_GZzfJeixQ