Tekken (2009)

AlbertV

I did a search and couldn't really find an official Tekken thread, so I figured I'd start it here.

Tekken

2009, Crystal Sky Studios

Director: Dwight H. Little (RAPID FIRE)

Writer: Alan B. McElroy (SPAWN)

Action Choreographer: Cyril Raffaelli (DISTRICT B13)

Cast: Jon Foo (THE PROTECTOR), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (MORTAL KOMBAT), Luke Goss (HELLBOY II), Chaiki Kuriyama (KILL BILL VOLUME 1), Gary Daniels (CITY HUNTER), Ian Anthony Dale (24), Cung Le (BLIZNIY BOY), Kelly Overton, Candice Hillebrand, Marian Zapico, Darrin Henson (STOMP THE YARD), Roger Huerta

Heihachi Mishima (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa), the leader of a highly corrupt business is under investigation of a murder. He announces a tournament to crown a "King Of Iron Fist" and make the winner his personal bodyguard, but as the fighters assemble, they begin to realize they are linked together through more than just their interest in killing Mishima anyway.

Here's the latest: Luke Goss, who plays boxer Steve Fox, says he has a feeling that the film is going to be rated R!!!

Link: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/30/luke-goss-says-tekken-movie-will-end-up-rated-r/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheGrimReaper

Sounds good, but I'm also afraid if this would turn into another "street fighter-DoA" clone with B-movie qualities... There at least be some expert martial arts choreography and some quick cuts and plenty of CGI wandering around...

Sounds good, but I'm also afraid if this would turn into another "street fighter-DoA" clone with B-movie qualities... There at least be some expert martial arts choreography and some quick cuts and plenty of CGI wandering around...

i agree...with that cast it definitely will be a CGI-crapfest

HyperDrive

The only thing I have to say about this project is that it better have Kuma in it.

Here is the casting list. Not seeing hwoarang & lei on the list? Whats up with that, two very popular characters.

Luke Goss ... Steve Fox

Chiaki Kuriyama ... Ling Xiaoyu

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa ... Heihachi Mishima

Jon Foo ... Jin Kazama

Darrin Dewitt Henson ... Raven

Cung Le ... Marshall Law

Gary Daniels ... Bryan Fury

Ian Anthony Dale ... Kazuya

Mircea Monroe ... Kara

Lateef Crowder ... Eddy Gordo

Kelly Overton ... Christie Monteiro

Candicé Hillebrand ... Nina Williams

Gary Ray Stearns ... Yoshimitsu

Marian Zapico ... Anna Williams

David Pitt ... Jack - Tekken Police

Randal Reeder ... Scared Fighter

Cassie Shea Watson ... Med Tech

Louis Herthum ... Tekken Security Cheif

Michael Showers ... Security Assistant #1

Jevon Miller ... Angry Fighter Reject

Let's not forget that the fight choreographer is none other than the amazing French wunderkind Cyril Raffaelli. Her is a fantastic martial artist and parkour expert plus he did choreograph that hose fight in Transporter 2 (the best fight of the film IMO). I can't wait to see how he does with this film's choreography considering that the likes of Jon Foo, Gary Daniels, Cary Tagawa, Lateef Crowder, and Cung Le are martial artists while Luke Goss has trained from some of HK's tops for films (Donnie Yen, Ailen Sit, Brad Allan) and Chiaki Kuriyama trained with Yuen Woo-Ping in the past.

Archived