Shaolin Traitor-easily the best kung fu movie ever!

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

well, that may be going a bit far, but I thought it was way above average. I read a bad review of it I think by Mark Pollard awhile back, so I held off on getting it for years. Maybe it's because I went into it with such low expectations, but I had a blast watching this. Carter Wong plays a super tough dude just like he always does and he is framed for killing a bunch of Shaolin students. There's a warrant out for his arrest, and all tough people in the area are sent to kill him. This leads to major Carter Wong ass kicking. Carter gives one of his best performances, as does Chang Yi. Polly Kuan and Doris Lung also star. The film has it's flaws, but not many. Carter Wong's "escape" technique is funny. And the way he keeps getting caught with a dead Shaolin student in his hands is funny. The third time he gets caught he actually goes to Shaolin to steal something called a Jade Censor for his master (Chang Yi), but somebody is already stealing it. So he does a super punch to the guy's neck and a bunch of blood comes out and of course now is when the monks show up and catch him again. At this point I was laughing outloud. Just when you think it can't get any worse for Carter, it gets a lot worse. So not only is it a good fighting movie but it also has some good unintentional humor. If you are a Carter Wong fan you need to see this. I know he isn't all that popular on this board, but the guy is the definition of badass. My only real problem with the movie is that it didn't seem like any of the fights were really long, except for the first major fight where Carter wong takes on like 40 monks. Just a small gripe though.

Favorite part of the movie- Polly Kuan makes her first appearance and goes up to Carter Wong after Carter had just been attacked 3 different times in 5 minutes and she asks if there's an inn nearby. Carter Wong just ignores her and goes on his way.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been a while but i do have only fond memories of the shaolin traitorous.

cool flick. would consider it a must-see for every old skool aficionado (probably not necessarily a 'must-love' tho).

Shaolin Trator aka Rebel of Shaolin.

I have it as a 2 pack with Amazing Masters - but I haven't watch it in a while - I mean ages.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Morgoth Bauglir

Shaolin Traitorous is a good movie, but I have to give the nod to Shaolin Traitor. Not the best of choreography, but nonstop fights and a decent story make it entertaining.

KFC what's the pic quality like on the GZ version? Is it the same as in that clip? I have the Videoasia version that comes in the Jet Li Shaolin Fists pack and the pic quality is pretty good, but it's full screen.

Archived