Who's the BEST Kung Fu villian of all...?

Guest stormybman

Guest stormybman

Ok, let's do this... Give me an idea of the all-time greatest Kung Fu Film villian, not actor, but the role, who played him, and why he was so cold blooded?

My selection I'll list later, and I hope we draw out unexpected

villian(s), don't forget to name the film. No Wu Xia.

"Do we fight alone..? Or, all together?!"

Guest Chinatown Kid

My favorite villian would have to be Thunderfoot played by Hwang Jang Lee in Drunken Master. They say in the film he was so ruthless he would kill his own mother for money! :eek

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Kam Kong's blind "Master Of The Flying Guillotine". Self explanatory.

Honorable mention:

Jack Long's Ghostface Killer "Mystery Of Chessboxing"

Lo Lieh's Pai Mei from "Fist Of The White Lotus" & Executioners From Shaolin".

Tommy Lee as the albino hunchback in "Hot, Cool & Viscious"

Guest stormybman

In my humble opinion, I feel it's a tie between Kam Kong's Blind Monk from MOTFG, and Lo Lieh's Pai Mei, from EFS, and FOTWL. Both these villians were seemingly, undefeatable, and overpowering. Their Kung Fu was top notch, and trickery was the only way to overcome them. White Brows, anyone would have to admit, could kick some serious butt! The Flying Guillotine/ Monk, was the coolest blind fighter since Zatoichi.

"Tell me the truth... no more lies!! If I turn myself over to you, will you leave the school alone?!"

Guest Chen Zhen

u must mean Mark Long, gwailo......i agree, ghostface is the truth!

chang yi is an AWESOME villain in the victim..

and i dont think anyone can forget about Wang Lung Wei (fearless dragons) and Phillip Ko (the loot, challenger)

Guest morgoth

Opps, sorry Stormybman, I just noticed you are looking for best role. I go with Kam Kong in MAster of Flying Guillotine. That is the best acting performance I have have ever seen in a kung fu movie. Also JAck Long playing Abbotwhite in Ninja Hunter was pretty cool.

Guest dragon herb

I will pick Whang In Shik as Master Kam in Young Master as the best role. If only he have had a little more minutes on the screen but whenever he is present it's classic.

Other "nice" villains I can think of:

Thunderlegs (Hwang Jang Lee) in Drunken Master. I almost was going to pick him as the best role, or letting him share the first place with Master Kam.

Peng Kong in Crazy Guy with the Super Kung Fu, I don't remember his name in the movie but he has a scar over his eye and it's a great role.

Lung Fei in Horse Boxing Killer, a real funny bastard that seems to enjoy making trouble. And I love his curly tousled hair combined with the moustache, he looks great! :lol

Guest kow pad moo

For camp villainy, let's not forget Shih Kien as Han in "Enter the Dragon." That kitty guillotine scene alone makes Kam Kong look like a creampuff in comparison. Yikes!

From what I've seen so far - Wang Lung Wei kinda stands out. Very charismatic, seems to be a good fighter (though I should point out that I can't usually tell the difference between fighter and pretender and in fact I don't care much *blush*) and above all - he is IMHO quite a decent actor. Each time I see him I like him a little bit more.

And - somebody has already mentioned it - the blind "master of the flying guillotine" was a very efficient villain. Really really creepy. And I very much liked his music theme. (Come to think of it... Music was generally quite well handled and used in that movie...)

Guest stormybman

Chen Sing deserves an honorable mention for The Hymalayan.

Man, was he a dirty sonofab@#$*! in that movie, complete with the dastardly laugh after every literal backstab, doublecross, swindle, and, deception in the book. Take a look if you haven't seen the film, and there's a great finale of Kung Fu as well.

:smokin

"Whenever you're ready, I'll take on any Japanese here."

Oh, you just said what i was about to say.. Chen Sing in the Himalayan not only deserves an honorable mention, he's right there in the top 5.

Not only he was tough and strong Kung Fu wise, but he did everything that good villians does.

The Himalayan not only have the one of the best villian performances in the kung fu movies history, but you also get to see Tan tao Liang in top form And Angela Mao in one of her best roles.

A must see...