Jimmy Wang Yu titles

Videodrome200X

Videodrome200X

Is there any chance of Jimmy Wang Yu's Golden Harvest efforts to be released on DVD in the UK via Contender Entertainment, providing that they have their original Chinese soundtracks (and English dubbed tracks, for the sake of completion) and are digitally remastered/restored?

The Invincible Sword (1971)

The One Armed Boxer (1971)

Beach of the War Gods (1973)

The Man Called Tiger (1973)

Seaman No. 7 (1973)

The Tattooed Dragon (1973)

The Man from Hong Kong (1975)

A Queen's Ransom (1976)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing that they got almost bankrupt with HKL i highly doubt they will issue any more of that old Chinese Stuff anytime soon...

Guest Markgway

The UK market for HK/Kung Fu action has dried up almost completely in the last year bar a few new releases (eg. Flash Point, Dragon Tiger Gate, etc).

Old school? Fuggedabudit!

With Tartan UK now closed it seems to be getting worse rather than better, looks like a lot of importing is going to happen!

Man From Hong Kong has been released in HK remastered English language , region 3 i think.

Beach of the War Gods also available from Hong Kong anamorphic widescreen, non remastrered, if you want the English dub then the German dvd is the only one i think.

Whats wrong with the HK release of Man From Hong Kong? i dont like the film so didnt buy it myself!

oh, well the really SHORTER cut would be the HK Print (dubbed Mandarin), which is 10 Minutes shorter than the Original Version. the HK DVD is at least the US Print, which is "only missing" about 2 min and even has them as Bonus on the DVD.

Killer Meteor

There is an uncut 2.35:1 master made for the Aussie DVD by Screensound. Sadly, the DVD company chose to crop it

Hopefully, any future dvd companies will try and make use of it

shaolin drunkard

How about German release(New Entertainment World) of one armed boxer?worth forking money off from piggy bank and get it?

i love this wang yu's movie (modern day action) :

Friday night (1972)

The Man Called Tiger (1973)

Seaman No. 7 (1973).

tHE JAPANESE VERSION of the last 2 are without enghlish subtitles but in high quality video.

German DVD of 'Seaman No 7' is the best one (Japanese isn't great quality):

2:35:1 anamorphic.

Original English dub.

Mandarin with remastered subtitles.

Uncut.

Proper PAL (no conversion bullshit).

Few extras.

shaolin drunkard
How about German release(New Entertainment World) of one armed boxer?worth forking money off from piggy bank and get it?

Quoting to myself:yes it was.Widescreen,english dubbed and great quality.Movie is awesome also:D

Killer Meteor
Quoting to myself:yes it was.Widescreen,english dubbed and great quality.Movie is awesome also:D

Well no English subs, some new foley on the English dub, and some ludicrously heavy noise reduction on the transfer, but still the best

JP DVD looks very nice, but all Audio options suck royally. Mandarin is on par with the worst of Celestial stuff, and the English is badly muffled, badly filtered and badly out of synch. great stuff.

DON´T MISS GERMANY FINEST DVD REALESES ALL UNCUT AND TOP QUALLITTI !!!

THE INVINCIBLE AKA INVINCIBLE SHOWNDOWN FROM WANG YU!!!

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=22003&vid=253055

BEACH OF THE WAR GODS

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=6408&vid=236650

THE DESPERATE CHASE - BEST VERSION WORLDWIDE !!!

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=14098&vid=248267

CHEERS

Archived