Tiger of Northland (1976)

Videodrome200X

Videodrome200X

Can anyone provide me with info regarding this little known Golden Harvest-Korean co-production.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

It's out on VCD from Joy Sales, it looks cut to me although I haven't seen any other version of it there are a few dodgy edits. It's a story about Chinese Patriots fleeing Japanese occupied China and moving to Korea where they come up against more Japanese oppression and the usual fisticuffs ensue. The lead guy is a Korean with some good skills, Park Jong Kuk, he was only in a few movies but I do remember his role in Iron Fisted Eagles Claw as the police captain which is where I first saw his skills. Sammo and Tony Leung did the action and it's pretty decent, coming kind of in between the bashers and shapes era's it's got a bit of both flavours about it. It's not a classic film but I'd give it maybe 7 out of 10

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Oh they have plenty, I've been there a few times.

amazing mate :cool are the films expensive to license i've heard not even the japs can afford them. :P

8 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I got through reviewing this one recently, check it out below -

Solid review One Armed Boxer, enjoyed reading it this afternoon.

Sounds like a decent old school movie to me.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Watched it. The guy is flexible but stiff, acting wise. He does look like he could kick and amazing amount of ass. Samo looks like a big joke as well as Tony Liu. This dude was hard core. On the flip side he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. Still, it's worth a watch, and I'd probably watch it againjust to see what a human steamroller looks like again.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Shameless plug, but if you haven't seen this one, this guy only starred in one HK production, but he was a phenom. Buffed up and flexible, he did a real combat style of tae kwon do.

I did a nice 1080p custom of this. Looks fantastic!

vlcsnap-2019-03-23-21h36m39s659.png

The star of the film, Park Jong-Kuk, definitely has some nice kicks. Matter of fact, here's his last film appearance, taking on Elton Chong in Fist of the Golden Monkey

Archived