Let's campaign...

Guest stormybman

Guest stormybman

... for the release of a remastered version of the following titles...

The Mystery of Chess Boxing

Born Invincible

7 Commandments of Kung Fu

Duel of the 7 Tigers

Can I get a lil' help...? Or, add to my short list?

My request is for Media Blasters since they did a nice job with 7 Grandmasters.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mystery...has a rights problem in the US (it was set to be the second in MB's series had everything worked out) and Born Invincible's elements are lost.

Guest killer meteor

Was there any consideration of releasing the other Joseph Kuo films? The HK DVDs are pretty shoddy and Media Blaster's 7 Grandmasters was a very good effort

Guest oldeschool17

mystery of chessboxing reminds me of power rangers in a sense where everytime theres an introduction or speech, ghostface killah breaks out into a kata

there was talk of doing a Kou series. Like I said, Mystery...would have been the second disc released, then the Shaolin Bronzemen series, etc. I had an idea I mentioned to MB about doing a Bronze boxset I think would have been pretty cool. But problems with Mystery...and the lack of good sales for Seven Grandmasters pretty much nixed the deal.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Linn, is the rights problem of MOCB because Tai Seng, who bought the rights to the Ocean Shores catalogue, owns the rights to this in the US?

Btw stormy, I'd like to add a few Bruce Li movies to that list to be remastered, Dynamo, Iron Dragon Strikes Back and The Chinese Stuntman. Oh, and also Sammo Hung's Pedicab Driver!(I know it's not oldschool but I had to get it in there)

Guest chen lung

Warner bought about 100 (GH?) titles, including 'Pedicab Driver' and they're sitting on them. They won't sublicense their rights as they want to release it themselves... sometime. Even if that did happen, I bet it'll be missing subtitles...

There are countless movies I would like to see remastered and uncut, but here are some from the top of my list.

Seven Steps of Kung Fu

Shaolin Temple Strikes BAck

Shaolin vs Lama

Ninja Hunter

Five Fighters From Shaolin

Well, guys,

I would like to see all of these to done. But who will listen to us?

Seven Steps of Kung Fu

Shaolin Temple Strikes BAck

Shaolin vs Lama

Ninja Hunter

Five Fighters From Shaolin

Topgun

Guest kungfusamurai

Tai Seng renamed Mystery of Chess Boxing to Ninja Checkmate, so my guess is that they were sneaking it past whoever actually owns the rights.

Born Invisible was available in its original Mandarin dub through Tai Seng on VHS for a while. Most of the old kung fu films they sold were 80s canto-dubbed, but Born Invincible was the lucky one that retained its original audio track. Just sync it up to the old Xenon DVD image - I guess that's the only way to get it 'remastered'.

KFS

Yo Top Gun. You have good ****in taste man!:D

Wait a sec, I just noticed that you spelled Shaolin Temple Stikes BAck the same as me. Why did you just copy and paste my list? MAybe you are just a huge Chang Shan fan like me?:D

Guest Ninja Sinai

I guess I was one of the lucky ones who got to see a mint hi-res original language/subbed version of Mystery in its original ratio on the big screen early this year.

It was Tobys print, and I just hope one day someone can score it off him to release it on dvd. I know Soul-Blade have been trying to get it off him for ages. Just hope they can work out a deal.

The top movies on my list that I would love to see remastered are:

1. Strife For Mastry - Killer movie!!!! No one has ever seen a widescreen copy of this as far as I know! Man if a widscreen remastered version of this ever comes out ill be over the moon!!

2. Snake In The Monkeys Shadow - The only way I guess we'll ever see a uncut remastered widescreen version of this classic of classics is if Tarantino decides to release his version. Toby Russel also has this on reels but is waiting to find the original language soundtrack before he releases it.

You are dammed right Morgoth. Well, normally, I don't use profanity...but since you asked for it.

Yeap...I copied eSACTLY WHAT YOU GOT, MAN. I am little bit offended by your choice of words here. I am 35 and let's say...I don't like F--- words. Bad words are not the recipes in my family. SInce we do not compete for excellency or perfection here...WTF, Morgoth? Next times, please try to restrain yourself. IF u ain't know what to say...jst don't say it at all...GOT that?

I always believe that this site is supposed to be a place where we exchange ideas and not to engage in this type of stupitity. And I would strongly urge the moderator to follow these peopple and keep them out of this community.

And you are right, I am a fan of ChaNg>: ShAn.

See ya around, butt=head.

Topgun

Guest TambaChibaYama  IchiFune

WTF?? yo TopGun...i dont think Morgoth was being rude at all. I read what he said and he wasnt in any way disrespecting u. Usually when u seeing smiley faces after statemetns, that means the people are just joking around. Morgoth should be the one offended now.

As for a movies that i think should be remastered would have to be Rebelliuos Reign and Shaolin vs. Lama (Lee Tso Nam).

Exactly. I wasn't being rude at all. I guess I got overexcited when I saw someone had the exact same opinion as me. So you have good effin taste. Is that better?

What mouthful U have TambaChibaYama IchiFune? That's btw me and Morgoth. My dad always said, "If you don't know what to say, just don't say it all." It was not what he said, it was his choice of word as I mentioned. Did you get that?

Now, you have to be careful of what you said too. When I talk to someone I don't know, I always try to use the best possible words that either will make them happy or make them know who I am. What's your purpose in this forum?

>:

Topgun

Most people at my work told me that I am an easy guy to please as long as I am not being offended. That's why I always look at "I want to treat others the way I want to be treated." It's a matter of which I don't use it and when it's used for me, it really bothers me. Shall we continue discussing Kung Fu movies now...?

Thank you

Topgun:D

I am guessing TambaChibaYamaIchiFune's purpose of being on this forum is that he likes kung fu movies and he likes to talk about them and ask questions abotu them. That is my purpose of being on the forum. He probably posted his message to let you know that I was not trying to be rude. There is nothing wrong with that. I admit I am not the best at expressing my opinion and sometimes swear words do slip out. I can understand if I called you a ****face or something then you would be mad. I was just telling you I thought you have good taste. I will try to watch my words with you, but I am not exactly a scholar so sometimes my vocabulary is limited. I try my best. That is all I can do.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Seven Steps Of Kung Fu would be great remastered.

And I would strongly urge the moderator to follow these peopple and keep them out of this community.

YOU just mind YOUR manners boy. We'll decide what's going too far or not. GOT that? While cursing in this forum is not condoned, there's no good reason for over-reacting to it when it does happen, it's infrequent enough a problem.

Morgoth, I must say, you were very cool in response to such rude treatment.

It's kind of hard to get mad at someone when I don't know why they are being rude:p

I have no problem with you Top Gun. You can get as mad as you want but I will always be glad to talk about Chang Shan with you:D

Guest schleg64

In reading a recent article on the web, I found out that, because of the bootlegging done by folks like Xenon and Panmedia/Red Sun over the years, several projects by legitimate film companies were scrapped. Among those projects were a Joseph Kuo boxset and an Angela Mao set. So, at least we know why we've had to contend with cruddy-looking full screen versions of Joseph Kuo movies over the years (7 Grandmasters excepted). If Mark Pollard is lurking around this board, I'm sure he can say more about this as he brings up the subject of bootlegs on the market fairly regularly.

Among those projects were a Joseph Kuo boxset and an Angela Mao set. So, at least we know why we've had to contend with cruddy-looking full screen versions of Joseph Kuo movies over the years (7 Grandmasters excepted).

I was the one that brought those to light, as they were among some releases I was working on that were cancelled or shut down completely because of boots. You can include with that a Jimmy Wang Yu collection and a few others.

Archived