Best "GAME OF DEATH" movie??

TibetanWhiteCrane

I hope Danny Chan remakes Game of Death. He is Bruce Lee reborn! :)

I hope you are joking! ;-)

Have a look of some of the fight scenes from the series he is in that are up on youtube. They're laughable!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DANNY IS THE NEW BRUCE LEE. the best clone.

kowloon

I hope Danny Chan remakes Game of Death. He is Bruce Lee reborn! :)

lmfao we dont need another bruce lee, wasn't the first one good enough for you

lmfao we dont need another bruce lee, wasn't the first one good enough for you

Be that as it may. Chan is the best we have had since.

Chinatown Kid

Sammo was the best Lee imitator. Danny Chan may be the closest ever in terms of looks but the clips of him fighting on youtube didn't look too impressive. Ho Chung Tao is my fave, a decent MA and actor. Wish he could have had a bigger career outside the imitator films. Never was a Bruce Le fan because he overdid the mannerisms and looked to stiff when fighting.

... Never was a Bruce Le fan because he overdid the mannerisms and looked to stiff when fighting.

AMEN!!!Both Huang Kin Lung and Dragon Lee suck, big time!!!!

Disgrace!:mad:

... The best Bruce Lee clone was Charles Bonet.

LMAO!

Morgoth Bauglir
Sammo was the best Lee imitator.

I totally agree. Sammo was amazing at imitating Bruce, and a big reason was because he was more skilled than all the other Bruce clones. Plus I liked how he mixed in his own style wth Bruce's. Sammo is second only to Charles Bonet. Just check out the final fight in Death Promise aka Enter the White Dragon if you don't believe me! :D

Chinatown Kid

Hey Morgoth wasn't Charles Bonet the guy that starred with Ron Van Clief in the film Death of Bruce Lee? If that's the guy then that's the only film I can remember seeing him in.

Chinatown Kid

I never was too crazy over Dragon Lee either Dragon, he had that big rubbery face and would go berserk and jump around like an ape in his fight scenes. He might have overdid the mannerisms even worse than Le as well lol. I have seen him in later day Korean films like Blues of Chongro though without the Lee imitating and his kicks looked good, he was doing more of a kickboxing type style.

Morgoth Bauglir
Hey Morgoth wasn't Charles Bonet the guy that starred with Ron Van Clief in the film Death of Bruce Lee? If that's the guy then that's the only film I can remember seeing him in.

Yea that's him. You've probably seen him in other movies. Do you have that Ron Van Clief BCI 2-pack? That's one of my favorite DVDs, for the commentaries and behind the scenes footage. You are right he is in Death of Bruce Lee, and he is also in Way of the Black Dragon. If you can make it to the end of the movie you will see him fight Van Clief. And he is the blonde hair guy in Snuff Bottle Connection and Fists of Bruce Lee. Those roles made him a star:p

Chinatown Kid

I have the Death of Bruce lee on a DVD-r I got in a trade. You know I have Fists of Bruce Lee and didn't realize that was Bonet as well in that film, guess the blond hair throwed me off. He's a weird looking dude with that blond hair, looked like a wig. :D

Yea that's him... Do you have that Ron Van Clief BCI 2-pack? That's one of my favorite DVDs, for the commentaries and behind the scenes footage. You are right he is in Death of Bruce Lee, and he is also in Way of the Black Dragon....

Yeah those commentaries with Van Clief are great. Especially when he mentions the HK actress "wanted" him, couldn't get enough of his stuff. Ron also mentions Bonet's girlfriend who was constantly hanging around the set, and when his wife would show up, he'd pretend like he didn't know her. LOL.

instant noodles

I have seen only tower of death and I think it`s better than any bruce lee movie.Did anyone else get sense this has kinda old James Bond movie like atmosphere?

I have seen only tower of death and I think it`s better than any bruce lee movie.Did anyone else get sense this has kinda old James Bond movie like atmosphere?

Dude... Please.

:neutral:

instant noodles

Please what???Fights in tower of death are higly entertaining,same cannot be said about most Bruce lee stuff...

His movies suffered from one big flaw.Lee Jun Fans character is far too invincible and opponents somewhat lacklustre...

Bruce was terrific kungfuman and good actor too but his movies just ain`t that great.

Please what???Fights in tower of death are higly entertaining,same cannot be said about most Bruce lee stuff...

His movies suffered from one big flaw.Lee Jun Fans character is far too invincible and opponents somewhat lacklustre... but his movies just ain`t that great.

Just like Clint Eastwood's Man with no name character was invincible, and Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, etc. The man didn't live long enough in HK to make different roles to define himself, ala Ti Lung, however, check his body of work from Marlowe, Ironside, Longstreet, and Green Hornet appearances, his fighting never lacked luster.

ScreenTestAVATAR.gif

'nuff said.

:nerd:

instant noodles

You cannot compare Bruce to gunheroes...OK,for each his own but when watch Kung-Fu movie i expect it to have great fights with people about same abilities.Bruce wiping out full dojo of japanese inferior martial artists or beating Chuck Norris just changing rhythm of movements did not do it for me.

As it`s your cup of tea watching thugs stand still waiting to be kicked by bruce,fine.

I like 2 his movies though.Big Boss has entertaining storyline and this time his character was more down to earth guy,not some superhero.Also extreme nihilism almost every1 Bruces character cares of kicks the bucket.In fist of fury he took giant spep into superhumanity but rage he displays in some scenes is nice,also this one had fine script too.

Enter the dragon and way of the dragon had nothing to offer for me.

Tower Of Death, aka Game Of Death II, for Roy Horan. That white boy is bad ass! That, and all of the fight choreography was top notch, I thought.

You cannot compare Bruce to gunheroes...OK,for each his own but when watch Kung-Fu movie i expect it to have great fights with people about same abilities.Bruce wiping out full dojo of japanese inferior martial artists or beating Chuck Norris just changing rhythm of movements did not do it for me.

As it`s your cup of tea watching thugs stand still waiting to be kicked by bruce,fine.

I like 2 his movies though.Big Boss has entertaining storyline and this time his character was more down to earth guy,not some superhero.Also extreme nihilism almost every1 Bruces character cares of kicks the bucket.In fist of fury he took giant spep into superhumanity but rage he displays in some scenes is nice,also this one had fine script too.

Enter the dragon and way of the dragon had nothing to offer for me.

noodles your entitled to your opinion just like everyone is but to say that ETD & WOD had nothing to offer is a stupid comment, you obviously dont know what bruce was all about or even the message he was conveying with his fight scenes, i suggest if you will allow me to read up on bruce lee and learn to appreciate how different he was, i suppose you failed to see the other messages he was expressing in his films. it seems your just another bitter player hater who just watches these films for the pure violence of the fight scenes & cant seem to grasp the more deeper meaning that lee's films have to offer

noodles your entitled to your opinion... but to say that ETD & WOD had nothing to offer is a stupid comment, you obviously dont know what bruce was all about or even the message he was conveying with his fight scenes... i suppose you failed to see the other messages he was expressing in his films... it seems your just another bitter player hater who just watches these films for the pure violence of the fight scenes & cant seem to grasp the more deeper meaning that lee's films have to offer

Yeahhhh Boyyyyy!!!!!

:neutral:

Yeah those commentaries with Van Clief are great. Especially when he mentions the HK actress "wanted" him, couldn't get enough of his stuff. Ron also mentions Bonet's girlfriend who was constantly hanging around the set, and when his wife would show up, he'd pretend like he didn't know her. LOL.

The New York/East Coast martial artists never got the love and respect they deserved. BTW, Bonet lives out here in Phoenix in obscurity. I think he teaches privately,

Another thing (that has been mentioned numerous times) that I would like to point out is that Bruce Lee was represented the Chinese hero who was proud and didn't take crap. He was no Fu Manchu, Dr. Lao, Hop Sing or Charlie Chan. In the same context that Fred Williamson, Richard Roundtree, Pam Grier, Jim Brown, etc.. were not mammys, steppin fetchits, Aunt Jemima, the Cream of Wheat man/Uncle Ben, etc...

Bruce had brought pride to Chinese (and Asians) that had never been seen on screen before.

Archived