Tsubaki Sanjuro 2007'

daisho2004

This is a remake of the Classic Movie starring Toshiro Mifune: I read that it was pretty good has anyone here seen this yet? It is listed on eBay I might have to get a copy of this movie.

Director: Yoshimitsu Morita

Cast: Oda Yuji | Toyokawa Etsushi

Story:

One night, nine naive young samurai led by Isaka (Matsuyama Kenichi) gather at a shrine to discuss combating corruption in their clan. Suspecting Chief Retainer Mutsuta (Fujita Makoto) to be the culprit, they have arranged a meeting with Chief Inspector Kikui (Nishioka Tokuma). Out of nowhere, a gruff and unkempt ronin (Oda Yuji) jumps out and tells the indignant youth they not only have their facts reversed, they're now sitting ducks for Kikui's henchmen. Through casual wit and superior swordplay, the ronin, who introduces himself as Tsubaki Sanjuro, saves the young samurai's lives, and even gets himself a job offer from impressed chief henchman Muroto (Toyokawa Etushi). Sanjuro, however, decides to help the young samurai save Mutsuta who is being held captive by Kikui.

m806a.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of strange to remake a sequel. Sanjuro is a classic but it doesn't touch the brilliance of the first film imo, to bad Kurosawa didn't go in a darker direction, Yojimbo/Sanjuro was such a great character, he went a little light hearted imo but I'm sure that was his intention.

I'd be curious to know if they did the film justice.

I seen this DVD listed on eBay so I think I'm gonna pick it up, then I'll give it a review.

OK I got to watch this movie the other night and I really enjoyed it. It had some good action scenes but the storyline is what I really like about this movie. The 9 Young Samurai were just to brash & stupid, but that is what made the movie good. The Main character played by "Oda Yuji" was good in his role, I really would like to see him in another Samurai movie. If your a fan of the original than pick up this movie you won't be disappointed.

JFYI: I got my copy from Merlin over @ SamuraiDVD.com

I seen this DVD listed on eBay so I think I'm gonna pick it up, then I'll give it a review.

does merlin have an ebay store ? or ebay listings ?

i have not notice any.:l

Archived