Audition (1999)

daisho2004

The Audition

Director Takashi Miike fashions an explosive drama in Audition. Shigeharu Aoyama (Ryo Ishibashi) has lived as a widower for too long and decides it's time to marry again. But how will he find a wife? When a friend suggests he hold a fake audition to pick the right woman, he takes him up on it -- only to realize that his choice may be a better actress than he bargained for.

My Review: OK I got to watch this movie last night, it started a little slow but you knew it had a Twilight Zone kinda feel to it, it just keeps you getting closer into the female characters mind and what she is all about, I don't want to give away to much of this movie but the ending is Sick and you are going to be totally surprised, in a sick Takashi Miike style that makes him one of a kind as a Director.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Excellent movie, the one that really opened up Miike's work to the western world. Eichi Shiina who plays Asami is actually playing the lead in the upcoming splatter fest Tokyo Gore Police which I can't wait for.

One thing though, this is a Japanese movie and not a Korean one, so you've posted it in the wrong forum...don't know if its possible to switch it around. If you like the style of this you should check out the episode that he did for the Masters of Horror tv series called Imprint, there is a scene in that which surpasses the finale of Audition.

One Armed Boxer: Your right I didn't realize I posted it in the Korean section, lets see if they the (Mods.) can move it.

I just watched this film again having not seen it in a few years, Damn that is one Sick Twisted Chick in this film. This is one of those film you need to watch it will bugged you out!

Skepparkrans

One of the best, if not the best Takashi Miike films i have watched.

The build up and character development is great and the end is just sick!

One of the best and most disturbing movies that im still proud of recommending to people new to Takashi Miike.

One Armed Boxer

Arrow Films will be releasing this in a Limited Edition Steelbook on 29th February 2016, with a heap of mouth wateringly good special features.  I may have to purchase this despite already owning the original release by the Tartan Video Asia Extreme label -

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/audition-dual-format-steelbook/

audition-thumb-960x644-58309.jpg

That's easily worth a purchase. I don't think I own the film in any format (shame on me), so this will go a ways to rectifying that.

Archived