Movies that have Tattoo's on Backs

Guest oldeschool17

Guest oldeschool17

Heres another vague question that im trying to recall from my youth when I use to watch Black Belt Theater in Charleston,SC on the weekends.

Some guy has either a special list or kung fu manuscript tattooed on his back. I wanna say he lives either with his wife or sister in a small house and people are after him because of what is tattooed on his back. Eventually that guy dies somehow and his back is skinned so that they can retrieve the tattooed document. This was definently not a costume era film. I dont believe its one of the shaw bros chang cheh cycle films or even a shaw bros film for that matter, but i could be wrong. Sorry for the lack of concise info, but anybody have a clue what it could be or what possible films it could be?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

I have probably seen that movie too many times. Hopefully that is the one you are looking for. I don't know of any other movie where they cut a guy's back open to retrieve something. Crazy stuff.

Guest Chinatown Kid

It's funny how so many of these kung fu flicks have Tattoo's in the title and plot. Some that come to mind: Tattooed Dragon, Hero Tattoo with Nine Dragons, The Tattoo Connection, and The Bloody Tattoo aka Bloodied Treasury Fight. The film The Stranger and the Gunfighter, a Shaw/Columbia co-production starring Lee Van Cleef and Lo Lei, has a plot centering on several pieces of a map to a fortune being tattooed on an assortment of ladies asses! :P

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I'm pretty sure BLOODY TATTOO is THE LOOT, not BLOODED TREASURY FIGHT. I think 'tattoo' is one of those words which, if you say it often enough, ceases to have any meaning and just becomes a funny sound.

Anyway, good ID-work there from Morgoth.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Your right Bloody Tattoo is an aka for The Loot, got it confused with Treasury Fight although both films feature tattoos so we get an extra film to add to my list, thanks. :D

Guest oldeschool17

ive only seen a lil clip of shaolin blood mission on youtube and it doesnt have the info im looking on in it to determine if its the movie im thinking of or not. i guess ill just have to track down a copy later on and find out

Guest justkungfuman

Super Ninja's {Shaw Brothers} Michael Chan Wai-man

Water Margin {Shaw Brothers} David Chaing

Hero Tattoo and Nine Dragons-Chen Kuan Tai

Steel Fisted Dragon

The Kid With A Tattoo

Bloody Tattoo aka The Loot

Tattoo Connection

Guest oldeschool17
Super Ninja's {Shaw Brothers} Michael Chan Wai-man Water Margin {Shaw Brothers} David Chaing Hero Tattoo and Nine Dragons-Chen Kuan Tai Steel Fisted Dragon The Kid With A Tattoo Bloody Tattoo aka The Loot Tattoo Connection

Indeed these movies have tattoos featured, however im looking for a particular movie. thanks anyways

Guest morgoth

Hey Oldschool, if you are looking for a good version of Blood mission I would recommend the Videoasia 2-pack that also has a crappy version of Shaolin Temple strikes Back. The pic quality for Blood Mission is pretty good. One of the few times I can recommend a Videoasia DVD. And you gotta love that scene where HWang is playing chess with women as the chess pieces and he has them kill eachother. Very unique.

And if you ever change avatars, I call dibs on the cowbell one you got.

Guest oldeschool17

Cool. thanks for the info. and for the avatar...Im pushing for 10yrs(im on the 7th year). After that i shall retire it to you. lol

Archived