Fear City

Chinatown Kid

Chinatown Kid

I have only seen one Abel Ferrara flick titled Fear City and liked it pretty good. It's about 2 guys who run a stripper agency and have to deal with some physco killer trained in Martial Arts who starts stalking and killing their strippers. Tom Berringer plays one of the stripper agency guys who happens to be an ex-boxer that takes the nutso on at the end. the fight was ok but could have been alot better pitting the boxer against the martial artist. What's funny is the guy that played the killer, his real name is never revealed in the credits and don't think i've ever seen him in anything else. Billy Dee Williams plays a cop also after the killer who constantly harrasses the Stripper agency owners and suspect them of mob activities. Mellinee Griffith plays a stripper and girlfriend of Berringer and gets to show off her tits. check it out sometime if you like sleazy type exploitation movies. Can anyone recommened any other Abel Ferara directed flicks that would be good to check out? I've heard The Driller Killer is one of his better slasher flicks but haven't seen it either.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one I saw a long time ago called Ms. 45 that he directed in 1981. It was about a mute and shy woman who is raped and attacked on two occasions and she seeks revenge with a .45 caliber gun, causing random shootings.

Chinatown Kid

I'll have to check that one out Albert, thanks. The Ms. 45 plot sounds kinda similar to a movie Jodie Foster did a little while ago called The Brave One, still haven't seen that one either.

SlothStyleKungFu

Fear City is awesome. Falls in line with so many seedy, LA/NY/inner city, 70's and 80's crime flicks. Also check out Vice Squad, the Angel films (well, maybe just the first two), Savage Streets, Class of 1984, The Exterminator 1&2, Vigilante, the craptastic Young Warriors, and the criminally underrated Bare Knuckles, to name a few.

Ms. 45. is a classic rape n' revenge film. Despite the technically better and more respected films in his resume like King of New York, Bad Lieutenant, and The Funeral, Ms. 45. is my favorite Ferrera film.

The Brave one just sounded like a female retread of Death Wish to me. Who needs that?

Archived