X-ray bone breaking!

mark187

Can anything think of any other films that contain x-ray shots of bones breaking? I can only think of a few...The Street Fighter, Story of Ricky, Romeo Must Die, Dragon Tiger Gate, and although it's not a martial arts film, Run Papa Run. also, although it's tendons snapped instead of bones broken, Tom-Yum-Goong! anyone got any others?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

When Sonny Chiba breaks Aaron Kwok's arm in Storm Riders its shown in x-ray vision, perhaps as a homage to his x-ray skull pounding in the Street Fighter?....

that's cool, I haven't seen The Storm Riders for quite a while, so I don't remember that part!

Chinatown Kid

Ninja Strikes Back when Bruce Le fought Hwang Jang Lee it showed Le breaking Hwang's leg and arm bones then breaks his ribs and stops his heart. This was a cheapie cartoon drawing of the bones being broken and the heart so don't know if it really counts.;)

vonhumboldtfleisher

There's one where it cuts to a skeleton on a red background getting crushed, but I can't remember what movie that was.

Ninja Strikes Back when Bruce Le fought Hwang Jang Lee it showed Le breaking Hwang's leg and arm bones then breaks his ribs and stops his heart. This was a cheapie cartoon drawing of the bones being broken and the heart so don't know if it really counts.;)

Ha yeah i remember that one!

Also the 1st streetfighter film i remember there being one

One Armed Boxer

In the Bruce Le flick Challenge Of The Tiger he has to break out his kung-fu moves against a bull, after a brief scuffle he delivers a death kick to the head and another cheapie cartoon image (he must have been fond of them!) of the bulls head appears on screen with a crack going down the middle of it!

Would have been the highlight of the movie it wasn't for Richard Harrison playing tennis against a bunch of topless girls in slow motion!

HyperDrive

That reminds me of another Bruce Le flick. He's fighting a father and son team while a bunch of soldiers watch on in a circle. When he gives the final blow to one, the screen turns red and shows a drawn ribcage. Then, it pops up again when he does the same to the other. Can't remember the name of the movie though.

littlefuzzy

I could be mistaken, but did Stephen Chow do anything like that in Shaolin Soccer, or Kung Fu Hustle?

Hand of Death cut back to a shot of Tan Tao Liang snapping some bamboo when he broke James Tien's arm. Of course that's not x-ray, but I suppose it looks better than a cartoon.

spearman lo tat
That reminds me of another Bruce Le flick. He's fighting a father and son team while a bunch of soldiers watch on in a circle. When he gives the final blow to one, the screen turns red and shows a drawn ribcage. Then, it pops up again when he does the same to the other. Can't remember the name of the movie though.

i remember that movie. i think the title is (or perhaps one of the titles anyway) "Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu"

There's one where it cuts to a skeleton on a red background getting crushed, but I can't remember what movie that was.

i was thinking of "Cantonen Iron Kung Fu" w/ Beardy, Phillip Ko, and Wang Chunng, toward the end when Beardy had Ko upside down, legs in the air, and Ko's lower legs were knocked in unnatural directions at the kneecaps. The screen showed the lower leg bones in red background which i suppose simulated the bones in a medium of blood.

Ooh, that clip is another reason why you shouldn't mess with Hwang Jang Lee.

i remember that movie. i think the title is (or perhaps one of the titles anyway) "Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu"

Thank you, I'll check that out.

Romeo Must Die ...

although i didn't like the film too much i must concede the x-ray bone breaking views did add some style to the sequences.

I know it's not bone breaking but heart puncturing.Soul Brothers of Kung Fu.Where Bruce Li at the end sticks his finger in Ku Fengs heart, and in his neck I believe, too.

I have this as well.

Back when I was younger and bought anything with Bruce Lee's name on it. At least it's got classic dubbing.

Haha I thought about the Le movies aswell. It's really funny when he cracks the bull's head in Challange Of The Tiger ;)

Archived