Black Belt/Kuro-Obi (Shuntaro Nagasaki, 2007)

venoms5

I seen this in BestBuy the other day and was going to pick it up but I wanted to make sure it was the same movie that we were talking about here. So I guess I'll be going back to buy it this week.

Yeah I saw this in bestbuy the otherday to, I thought maybe it was some 80's US cheese(the name would suggest so), I'll have to go down and take another look, sounds like my kind of flick.

BlurayStation3

I saw that the Australian Kuro Obi dvd has some extras (making-of, tv spots). Does anyone know how long the extra features run? I have the US dvd which doesn't have them.

Also, is the Japanese limited edition still available anywhere at all? I only found one used on Amazon JP and it's very expensive.

And why isn't this movie listed on dvdcompare?

Well I'm not sure exactly how long the extras are, but they're well worth viewing. I remember seeing the behind the scenes footage and it clearly shows that the guys fighting were doing it for real. I remember a stuntman getting a bloody nose from the lead actor, and the lead actor laughed saying they do it all the time in training. Good stuff.