Lovers Blades / 神經大俠 (1982)

ironfistedmonk

ironfistedmonk

spoilers

Watched this today and can't believe that Celestial missed this one, it's no Shakespearean effort but in terms of entertainment it's better than a ton of stuff that did get a release, mentioning no names....cough..Dragon Creek zzzzzzzzzz......Flight Man....zzzzz........cough..

The story has a ton of cliches in there such as the old separated in childhood chestnut complete with matching bracelets, the secret kung fu techniques hidden in the weapons and the I'm not really your father you must avenge him plot. None of this becomes really clear until the final 20 odd minutes when all is revealed, leading up to that we get people competing for possession of the titular Lovers Blades and comedy scenes linking together a lot of nicely choreographed action courtesy of Hsu Hsia. The cast is strong with Meng Yuan Man and Hui Ying Hung as the lovers, Yuen Tak and Candy Wen as a bickering couple who are after the swords, Shaws leading fighting bad man Wang Lung Wei and his umbrella death squad and one of my favourite villains Kuan Feng in a good guy role. This film is a lot better then the other Shaw films Meng Yuan Man starred in which somehow did manage to get a Celestial release, I really hope this sees the light of day, maybe an American company could pick this up for a release hint hint :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wanting to see this for a while. Is there anywhere you can find it online for a decent price? The only place I've been able to find Lover's Blades and To Kill A Mastermind is going to cost me $50 for low quality copies.

I miss the days of VHS actually. Back when people dealt in VHS, it was easier to find more movies. Especially in Chinatown in NYC. Now it seems like everyone's moved to Pan Media/Red Sun DVDs.

It will soon be available for purchase for around $10.00. The copy used is the Korean VHS tape. Hopefully, this and other unreleased titles will see the light of restored DVD soon.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

I say we have been robbed of a great movie being re-mastered fans....anyway check out this clip for share classic swordplay!!!

OGYMne1eoe0

Morgoth Bauglir
I say we have been robbed of a great movie being re-mastered fans.

I agree! That action looks pretty damn good. Thanks for the clip.

Guest Markgway

That clip is of better quality than the DVD-R I have. It's scope for a start. I guess it's an upgrade?

ya---i wish he would reopen as well as there are a number of movies i would like--including the english dub of HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL.

Lets be honest, far from classic.Good fights but silly movie. Still should be released though,i guess.

Not hating, just a warning before you shell out a lot of dough for this kung fu comedy. Before you pay over $20, holla at me. Ill Give you a copy[minus ship of course] cause thats what real fans do.

Recieved a couple of PMs.Tried to send replies, hope it worked. If you didnt recieve my message please let me know.

Caught a peek at the subs in the last bit of trailer and it looks to be cut off. Is this scope Flashlegs?

Archived