1. 1. best jackie?

• snake in the eagles shadow
    • police story
    • drunken master
    • magnificent bodyguards
    • other
    • mr canton and lady rose

gravedigger666

I tried to include poll but failed this new system makes me too confusing..I list candinates here and pick one

1)snake in the eagles shadow(this will be forever my indie top1,amazing fights and great kicks by furyleg...

2)drunken master...this one I do not dig so much it is too much goofy and training

3)police story...good new wave movie,fight in chopping mall very furious

4)magnificent bodyguards(overlooked by many but this has good old skool kungfu mayhem)

5)other I have not mentioned like project a or armoud of god

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Some of the choices are left field: Magnificent Bodyguards but no Project A? lol

As it happens I would rank Police Story at No.1

Chinatown Kid

I voted for Police Story as that's my favorite modern film of his but I think Drunken Master is his best oldschool flick.

gravedigger666

I see it has many good jackie chan movies missing but there is "other" choice.One Chan flick I rate high also is "new police story"...quite dark one.Crime Story I have not seen but that I have heard is really good one.

Guest WuxiaFan

Agree with Kowloon, without question:

Drunken Master II

then,

Drunken Master

Police Story I, II, and III

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow

Rumble in the Bronx

Mr. Nice Guy

Then you really get into, what are Jackie's best fight scenes, because a lot of Jackie's movies are worth buying because of the fight scenes not because it's a good movie:

-Wheels on Meals: Jackie vs. Benny the Jet -- one of the greatest fight scenes ever filmed, plus the other action is excellent. The movie itself is not that great.

What happened to

Wheels on Meals

Dragons Forever

Young Master

To Kill with Intrigue

Fearless Hyena

This is a very interesting topic, as it gives an indication as to what kind of Kung Fu Fan people are, and will explain why so many people prefer subtitles over dubbing and complain about undercranking etc. I watched Police Story several times on VHS, DVD and even in the theater on the big screen. To me, this film with it's action scenes, smart/casual clothing, a bus, and shopping centre location, is just average IMO. It completely baffles me to think that Kung Fu Fans actually rate this over something like SITES with it's constumes, countryside scenery, Snake and Eagle's Claw fighting styles, Hwang Jang Lee, Sam Seed etc.

PS better than SITES!? Come on... this is just crazy. From now on whenever I meet a new Kung Fu Fan, rather than asking "How do you do?", I'll ask "Which do you prefer: Police Story or SITES?", then I'll know what kind of person I'm dealing with. ;)

What happened to

Wheels on Meals

Dragons Forever

Young Master

To Kill with Intrigue

Fearless Hyena

I did like Fearless Hyena, pretty cool action in that one!

TibetanWhiteCrane
This is a very interesting topic, as it gives an indication as to what kind of Kung Fu Fan people are, and will explain why so many people prefer subtitles over dubbing and complain about undercranking etc. I watched Police Story several times on VHS, DVD and even in the theater on the big screen. To me, this film with it's action scenes, smart/casual clothing, a bus, and shopping centre location, is just average IMO. It completely baffles me to think that Kung Fu Fans actually rate this over something like SITES with it's constumes, countryside scenery, Snake and Eagle's Claw fighting styles, Hwang Jang Lee, Sam Seed etc.

PS better than SITES!? Come on... this is just crazy. From now on whenever I meet a new Kung Fu Fan, rather than asking "How do you do?", I'll ask "Which do you prefer: Police Story or SITES?", then I'll know what kind of person I'm dealing with. ;)

Yeah, I'll ask the same question, and if the person answers SITES, then I'll assume he is a guy who is stuck in the old school, not able to expand his horizon to the new school kickboxing stuff, the new wave 90's style, heroic bloodshed, triad drama, chanbara etc. and all the other great things that Asian cinema has to offer!

Im not a "kung fu fan"! im an Asian film fan, who took the blinders off long ago, which abled me to branch out, and enjoy a whole host of genres and styles:)

Archived