Help Identifying This SB Film!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

I was hoping somebody could identify an image I have seen from a Shaw Brothers film which has made me curious to find out what it is.

The image is in the 2006 release schedule inlay found in certain celestial dvd's, unfortunately I don't have them in front of me, but off the top of my head I know the inlay I'm refering to is definitely in The Kung-Fu Instructor.

It's on the 3rd page under what I presume is April's releases (it's listed under the number 4), and is of a guy holding what looks like a large machine gun pointing it upwards. The 2006 release schedule inlay was one of the one's which only prints the Chinese titles of the movies, so I have no idea what it's called and can't identify what actor it is!

Any help would be appreciated (& if anyone knows if it's any good that would be even better)!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Hmmm, I actually own those movies and have watched them both within the last year...pretty sure I don't remember that scene though.

It's definitely not the Godfather From Canton, shall have to have a skip through Mercenaries From Hong Kong to see if I recognise it....

Cheers for the help.

These were the 4/2006 releases (I believe this is accurate)

Mercenaries from Hong Kong

Sex Beyond the Grave

New Shaolin Boxers

Crazy Bumpkin in Singapore

Sword and the Lute

The Criminals Pt II: Homicide

The Criminals Pt III: Arson

The Criminals Pt IV: Assault

The Criminals Pt V: Teenager’s Nightmare

I'll take a look when I get home.

One Armed Boxer

Thanks Venoms5, just checked it out on hkflix and I notice this image is actually on the dvd cover as well! From the image I was expecting it to be a pulpy adventure type story in the same vein as Mercenaries From Hong Kong, but I take with it being done by King Hu that it's a much more serious film in it's tone?

I haven't watched it yet but I hear it's kind of light hearted at first but gets bloody towards the end.

Archived