Alright, who's Ming Chai ?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I've watched Killer's Game countless times, yet I don't recall the martial arts instructor in any other films, and who he is in the genre. The martial arts in Green Statuette is second to none, really. The little bits of pretention are actually called for and it's a mans flick baby. Anyone know of what other notable films he's instructed the martial arts for... Shaws or not? I love the fight scenes (as well as the delivery of the translated dialogue) in the entire film. I wonder if Kam Ming (Tommy Lee) had anything to do with the choreographing.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Ming Chai? Excuse me vengeance but I don't know if I fully understand your question. Are you asking who was the action director on Green Jade Statuette? Tommy Lee and Jimmy Lee are responsible for that. They worked on a lot of Lee Tso Nam movies together.

ironfistedmonk

Tommy Lee was the AD for Green Jade Statuette like Morgoth says, maybe he has been aka'd on your print of the movie as Ming Chai?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Watch the opening vredits for Green Jade Statuette and you'll see Ming Chai listed as fighting instructor. I to always thought (through hear say) that Tommy Lee was the instructor, but he is not listed as such in this film on the opening credits, Ming Chai is. Tommy Lee is listed here as Kam Ming.

Ming Chai....could you mean Ng Ming-Tsai, who was the schoolmate of Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung??? He was known as Yuen Chu and was actually the one who protected Jackie from Sammo's bullying before leaving the school due to an argument with Sifu Yu Jim Yuen.

Guest Markgway

Wu Ming Tsai (Ng Ming Choi) has appeared in loads of Kung Fu films. Chubby fellow. He had the lead role in Butcher Wing.

Archived