Mission Terminate (aka 'Return of the Kickfighter') (1987) Richard Norton & Bruce Le!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

I was hoping someone could help me out identifying what movie this image has been taken from on the cover of Tai Seng's release of 'Ninja Vs Bruce Lee'. It appears nowhere in the actual film itself, but for some unknown reason I feel compelled to find out what actual movie it is, the idea of Bruce Le running around with a machine gun somehow seems quite cool.

v76959eq0z3.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well these Bruce Le films give me headaches with their various similarities and numerous aka's but I'll give this one a shot.I believe this movie was released in theatres as The Return Of Bruce in our territory.

The picture of Bruce Le with the M16 is definitely from the superb mid - late 80s action film called Mission Terminate whose main hero was Richard Norton.Bruce Le is just a co-star in Mission Terminate with a small but significant role if I remember correctly as a soldier of fortune who helped provide logistics,weapons and some men for in the final showdown.

One Armed Boxer

That's great thanks for the info. Do you know if Mission Terminate has ever been released on DVD?

I'm not sure but it was out on video as some point.I need these films myself plus others directed by Cirio H Santiago and Antonio Margheriti aka Anthony M Dawson like

Nam Angels

Eye Of The Eagle

Crossbone Territory

The Last Battle At Lang Mei

WarBus

The Last Hunter

Tiger Joe

Hunters Of The Golden Cobra

Cobra Mission

Strike Commando

Equalizer 2000

Deadly Prey...etc etc

I'm astonished why these films are rare today as they have high market value.Your best best bet is that some collector/seller/trader somewhere could have made dvdr transfers from the videos and with luck you might be able to track them but I am not aware of

any official dvds releases to date.

One Armed Boxer

They'd be worth picking up just for the title's alone!

Hunters Of The Golden Cobra - Sounds like a classic example of something Dragon Dynasty would slap on one of their releases that isn't deemed worthy to maintain it's original name!

"They'd be worth picking up just for the title's alone!"

Absolutely!!!!! this was some cool stuff in those days.Another popular one called THE HARD WAY starring Miles O' Keefe and Henry Silva was put out briefly by a dubious label stocked in some back street shops.I think someone just transfered the vhs to dvd pressed a few copies and thats it cos it never surfaced again.

Anyway check this out for Crossbone Territory basically all these movies were in the same league.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343556/

Morgoth Bauglir

Awesome info Kwok Choi. I always wondered what movie that Bruce Le gun pic was from.

Chinatown Kid

Seeing Bruce Le holding that M-16 shirtless for some reason I'm thinking "Rambo Lee". ;)

One Armed Boxer

Rambo vs Bruce Le armed with an M-16...now that would be the film to end all films!

I'm a big fan of these gritty low budget war shoot 'em ups...wish Hong Kong had made more of them. Despite it being generally considered in low regard, I always enjoyed John Woo's early movie Heroes Shed No Tears. Theres something really cool about watching Eddy Ko run around with a massive machine gun while being chased by a one eyed Lam Ching Ying through the jungles of Cambodia.

The flashback sequence of Chan Wai Man in Mercenaries From Hong Kong, despite lasting all of about 10 seconds, should have been a movie in itself as well. Seeing him mow down a horde of attackers then break out the machete was awesome!

mission terminate was released in the uk on video years ago by vpd,but i have never seen it always wanted to but never been able to find a copy.

One Armed Boxer

It may be a full 6 years since I tried to find this movie, but thanks to the kindness of a fellow forum member, I finally got to give this a watch! Worth the wait? It has Richard Norton & Bruce Le teaming up to take on a murderous Dick Wei, of course it was! But if you need any further convincing, you can check out my review here -

http://www.cityonfire.com/mission-terminate-aka-return-of-the-kickfighter-1987-review/

Archived