BCI Shaws - Any Hope For 2008?

Shaolin Patriot

Shaolin Patriot

It's been awhile since we've heard any news on the BCI Shaw titles. Does anyone (Mike Leeder, gfanikf, etc.) know when we'll see the first release and what BCI has in the way of special features? They've got 15 great titles on their slate. Any news would be appreciated.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 CD's full of extras for their releases from my collection ready if I could only get a representative from BCI to contact me. I sent Mike Leeder a message here on the forum and asked some other forum members to get the word out for me also.

If anyone associated with BCI is reading this, ie someone on BCI's payroll, please contact me here on the forum.

Nice extras too. Nice lobby card sets scanned at 600DPI, HIGH QUALITY STILLS, HIGH QUALITY poster scans. Some things I bought for my collection specifically for these releases.

I have 2 CD's full of extras for their releases from my collection ready if I could only get a representative from BCI to contact me. I sent Mike Leeder a message here on the forum and asked some other forum members to get the word out for me also.

If anyone associated with BCI is reading this, ie someone on BCI's payroll, please contact me here on the forum.

Nice extras too. Nice lobby card sets scanned at 600DPI, HIGH QUALITY STILLS, HIGH QUALITY poster scans. Some things I bought for my collection specifically for these releases.

Howdy,

You can reach me here... and thank you for letting me know you have stuff... that is awesome. I want these releases to be great!

Opium & The Kung Fu Master and Life Gamble will be the first two releases and they will street in November!

C

Shaolin Patriot
Howdy,

You can reach me here... and thank you for letting me know you have stuff... that is awesome. I want these releases to be great!

Opium & The Kung Fu Master and Life Gamble will be the first two releases and they will street in November!

C

Thanks BCIKungFu! Glad to know that we have an "insider" here on the board. I look forward to seeing the upcoming Shaw releases. Can you give the fans a peak on what the BCI Shaw releases will include, in the way of feature languages and bonus content? :)

Howdy,

C

Welcome back Cliff!

Thanks for popping on here :).

Thanks BCIKungFu! Glad to know that we have an "insider" here on the board. I look forward to seeing the upcoming Shaw releases. Can you give the fans a peak on what the BCI Shaw releases will include, in the way of feature languages and bonus content? :)

I will keep you updated as I have information. We are just beginning production.

Extra feature production will start soon.

Best,

Cliff

BCI

yes-- i would like to know if they have the missing first few minutes of english dub.

To my knowledge we aren't missing anything, but I'll have to find out.

Cliff

DAJIZZARIZZA

ok,.. nice to know.

so far i enjoyed everything associated with bci

i hope you guys also focus on the Shaw Brothers movies that were NOT released by celestial, like "To Kill A Mastermind" and "Tiger Boy"

also ,.. i hope the english dub or "AMERICAN" dub is not slow and without feeling as well as not too animated like comical.

may sound funny ,.. but have you guys ever thought of having chinese voice actors do the american dubbing,.. a new spin to make it sound authentic ?

just a thought.

take care and welcome Cliff

Cliff,

Thanks for sharing info with us. Are the BCI titles going to have commentaries?

I've noticed other BCI titles with commentaries, and I really think they add a lot to any dvd release. Obviously, Linn's passing is a tremendous loss, and no one will be able to fill that void, but will there be an attempt to find someone to attempt to provide informative commentaries. As long as it is not Ric Meyers I'll be happy. I don't hate Ric, but his commentary on Shinobi No Mono 2 is completely lacking in preparation.

ok,.. nice to know.

so far i enjoyed everything associated with bci

i hope you guys also focus on the Shaw Brothers movies that were NOT released by celestial, like "To Kill A Mastermind" and "Tiger Boy"

also ,.. i hope the english dub or "AMERICAN" dub is not slow and without feeling as well as not too animated like comical.

may sound funny ,.. but have you guys ever thought of having chinese voice actors do the american dubbing,.. a new spin to make it sound authentic ?

just a thought.

take care and welcome Cliff

Thanks...

I believe the only title we have at the moment not released elsewhere is HONG KONG GODFATHER.

I want to use the original dubs. For any film that doesn't have a dub, we'll consider dubbing it, but I would never allow a new dub to be comical.

Using Chinese actors is not a bad idea. We did consider it once when i was at another company.

Thanks!

Cliff

Shaolin Patriot
I will keep you updated as I have information. We are just beginning production. Extra feature production will start soon.

Best,

Cliff

BCI

Thanks Cliff! Looking forward to your updates over time.

kungfusamurai

Hey Cliff,

Welcome to the newer board!

Sorry to go off on a tangerine. I didn't see you in the Japanese Forum. I was just wondering if there is any word on the Yasuaki Kurata kung fu/karate series Fight! Dragon? I read somewhere that BCI had it scheduled for release, but it wasn't set in stone or anything. I actually started a thread in that other board, if you wanted to reply on that topic:

Fight! Dragon

Kurata was in Heroes of The East (just to keep my message Shaw Bros related) :)

If you guys pick up Shaw Brothers, that would be totally cool too!

KFS

oldeschool17

If you guys pick up Shaw Brothers, that would be totally cool too!

KFS

And they have which a couple of the titles they acquired are going to be released near the end of the year, henceforth, this thread.

Morgoth Bauglir

Hey Cliff I have another kind of off topic question. Do you know if the Well Go USA titles will be sold in any stores like Best Buy? Thanks.

Hey Cliff I have another kind of off topic question. Do you know if the Well Go USA titles will be sold in any stores like Best Buy? Thanks.

No idea... I don't have anything to do with them and I'm not sure who Navarre sells non-exclusive titles to. Sorry...

Morgoth Bauglir

I thought I read in another thread somewhere that BCI had soemthing to do with Well Go USA, but I must be wrong. Thanks for the reply Cliff.

I didn't use to be bothered by region stuff as I had all the players but you know what? Yes, I hope they're all-region too as I have this stinking Macbook that can't do ****-all.

A legal thing might make it unlikely.

oldeschool17
I didn't use to be bothered by region stuff as I had all the players but you know what? Yes, I hope they're all-region too as I have this stinking Macbook that can't do ****-all.

A legal thing might make it unlikely.

You can still get around that ya know:) Real easy and it wont void your warranty either.

You can still get around that ya know:) Real easy and it wont void your warranty either.

VLC doesn't do Intel Macs well, whilst an external drive is a pain in the arse ;).

oldeschool17

You have AnyDvd? Try that and if it doesnt work i dont know what else to tell ya

edit: what do you need vlc for? Are you using that as your media player? I only use vlc when i need to preview my torrents before the fully download or play that one rare vid that media player classic/gom wont play

Archived