The Thunderbolt Fist / 霹靂拳 (1972)

Flashlegs Pete Jr

Flashlegs Pete Jr

I really enjoyed this movie but I think the staring role should have been Lo Leih for sure....Chuen Yuen has a really bad screen presence IMO!!! but I suppose Shih Szu made of for his terrible acting :)

See Trailer..

IFeed.asp?ImageID=23

Anyone with a view on this?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent enough basher that tends to drag in places only picking up the pace when gore is splashed across the screen. I remember seeing it on the Black Belt Feature years ago.

Killer Meteor

I quite enjoy this for the gore and Shih szu. The lead actor isn't too awful but his rugged Eastwood look doesn't match his mild performance

I thought this was a decent enough film. I never thought of it before but Lo Lieh would have been perfect for this role. It almost could have been a sequel to King Boxer somehow??

Glad to hear they sourced the dub from somewhere. When I spoke with Image they were looking for the dub but said that Celestial didn't have it available. Hopefully Celestial came through for them with the original tapes for the English dubbing sessions.

I wander what happened with the "Eastern Masters" header on the DVD's? Maybe they decided to move on from that?

I wander what happened with the "Eastern Masters" header on the DVD's? Maybe they decided to move on from that?

Yeah, it's quite a rip-off of Media Blaster's stuff:o!

Shaolin Patriot
Yeah, it's quite a rip-off of Media Blaster's stuff:o!

Yeah, with just about the same exact artwork as the IVL version.

Yeah, it's quite a rip-off of Media Blaster's stuff!

which is a rip off of Dragon Dynasty"s Stuff!

The phrase "Rip-Off" seems to have always been used when speaking about Kung Fu films.:P

Did you ever think about it?:rolleyes:

I almost picked this up today at best buy, but I wanted to make sure it has an original dub. Has anyone got this yet or reviewed it? It said on the back that it is english dubbed, I just don't want a new dub ala come drink with me.

Cheers!

lightning hopkins

I'm no expert, but to my amateur ears it sure sounded like the usual crew of Shaws seventies voices on the Image English dub track.

While I'm sure the disc suffers from the same audio-visual issues that people have complained about with the other Image releases, the dub really gives THUNDERBOLT FIST a nice grindhouse feel that fits with the classic old-fashioned basher look of the film, and makes it one of the better Image Shaws offerings -- all that's missing are sticky floors, distant sirens, and the faint hint of pot smoke to recreate that perfect seventies 42nd Street movie viewing experience.

Cool. Thanks lightning hopkins! I thought it would have the 70s crew of dubbers but I just wanted to make sure. I am buying the dvd for two reasons only. 1. to supports shaw releases in the USA and 2. to get the english dub. I WILL not buy a shaw in the USA without the original english dubbing!

Cheers!

picked this up over the weekend. Not had a chance to watch it yet. Looks decient. I checked it for a few moments. Looks like a basher!

Archived