Need help with the names of these movies.

Jason_Voorhees

Jason_Voorhees

The first movie is from the eighties, I'm pretty sure about it. It was about ghosts or vampires or possession or some other stuff in that direction and I think it starred Sammo Hung but I'm not really sure. The only scene I remember is a fat guy (presumably Hung) ringing a bell wearing snakes (yeah, the snakes were coiled around him) and a trident. He's ringing the bell and the entity which was attacking him was in pain. That's all I remember.

The second movie is also a paranormal classic kung fu movie about two taoist guys who wear those paper charms around their waist and battle the undead by sticking the said charm to their face but not before executing a complicated maneuver. That's all I remember, unfortunately.

And the third movie is a bit newer, I think it was from the early nineties. I put it here so as not to make another thread in the Modern Martial Arts Cinema, if I made a terrible mistake in doing so I'll correct it. Now I remembr only a couple of scenes, all being in the final stages of the movie. One is a comical where a door keeps opening and as the main actor turns to look at it it starts closing. That action gets repeated a couple of times before the main actor pulls out a gun on he door and it slams shut all by itself. The second scene is the main fight at the end. I think that one of them is wearing a mask and at one point the villain is losing badly so he breaks some vials and inhales the fumes coming from it after which he becomes stronger. And then the main actor takes his jacket away and breaks all the vials and practically flies in the air and beats the bad guy senseless. Also there was one fight against some bald guy with a moustache where the main actor slices his head with one of those flexible swords he pulls form his belt and shaves his moustache clean off.

I hope someone will know the names of these movies. I have watched them as a kid and would like to do so again. Also, I hope I posted this in the correct place, if not I apologise. It's 7:04am here and I'm dead tired I just wanted to post this here in hopes that someone would know the titles of the movies. Cheers.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheManInWhite

The 1st movie sounds like Encounter of the Spooky Kind. The other two I'm not sure about.

Guest Markgway

The modern movie sounds like SAVIOUR OF THE SOUL (1991) with Andy Lau, Anita Mui, and Aaron Kwok.

Jason_Voorhees

Yes, it's Saviour Of The Soul! Thank you, I knew a name Silver Fox is mentioned somewhere and the German title of the movie was Silver Fox. That's the name I was going by while looking for it but I always ended up getting the wrong movie. And Encounters Of The Spooky Kind sounds about right, but I won't know until I get to watch it. There's another little detail I remembered from that movie, the fat guy had a moustache. I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure.

Jason_Voorhees

Hahah, I've found out what the first movie is called and I now see that I've given sort of a misleading description, I apologise for that. It's Vampire Buster from 1989 and it doesn't feature Sammo Hung. Still can't remember what the second movie is called, though.

Jason_Voorhees

Excuse the double post but I have yet another movie I need to identify. This time I only have an image of a screencap done by someone else. Can't really remember where I got it though, but the person in it as well as his attire is vaguely familiar to me.

1189465726750-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Jason_Voorhees

Aye, that's him. Thanks for the help mate! Now to identify the movie in question...

Archived