Cheap Kung Fu Dvds...Thoughts?

Guest deathdunt

Guest deathdunt

Ok, So I came upon a website that sells REALLY cheap dvds. They have a decent selection of kung fu flicks. They seem to be those of the dollar store variety, but I'm tempted. I just ordered a slew(Mostly some Lo Rei flicks and some Godfrey Ho faves like Grandmaster Of Shaolin Kung Fu.) But there are some movies that peaked my curiousity...could I have some info and opinions on these?

8 Strikes Of The WIldcat

Buddhas Palm and Dragon Fist(with Chi Kuan Chun and Lee Yi Min???)

Daggers 8

General Stone(Tan Tao Liang)

(PS>the website is fragrancendvd.com,figured id share the wealth).

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

Get Daggers 8 IMMEDIATELY! MAybe Chan Lung's best fight scene. Wilson TOng is the man in this. Also, it has Lily Li's best fight scene. Also, it has maybe Alan CHui's best fight scene. Get it right now!

8 Strikes of the Wildcat is decent. The 3 villains are badass.

Guest jmungus

get daggers and buddhas palm. D8 is good stuff, BP&DF very good.

general stone on the other hand is a big letdown. dunno 8 strikes.

Guest killer meteor

General Stone got a widescreen release in the UK from Rarescope.

8 Strikes and Daggers 8 are avaliable from Vengeance Video

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Daggers 8 and Buddhas Palm & Dragon Fist are great movies IMO. 8 Strikes is a decent film but General Stone is pretty dull

Guest Markgway

8 Strikes Of The WIldcat -- pretty good.

Buddhas Palm and Dragon Fist(with Chi Kuan Chun and Lee Yi Min???) -- if this is The Roving Heroes I seem to recall it being mediocre at best.

Daggers 8 -- OK-ish.

General Stone(Tan Tao Liang) -- Lame, not worth anyone's time.

Brigadier Chow

Buddhas Palm and Dragon Fist aka Roving Heroes is a shapesfest. Sun Shu Pei as the villain, gives the performance of his life.

8 Strikes of the Wildcat- Villains called the 3 rats are hilarious... over the top rat technique that the 3 do and alot of 3 on one fights are the highlight, the girl is pretty good too.

Guest killer meteor

i thought 8 strikes was let down by the villians but the master-student relationship was very charming, as was the silly romance between the poet and the kung fu girl

...has anyone done any business with these folks before? if so, how long does it normally take to receive the goods?

just curious.

thanks, sikmao.

i called this company, after waiting a week, for a reply. someone told me that they were in the process of moving! sorta sounds like there's something "fishy" going on with them!!! "Cheap DVDs", too good to be true, it seems!

oh well.

man thats crazy, i just bought Daggers 8 for 50 cents not too long ago.Which i guess is pretty good,becuz it sounds like most of u guyz like it. =)

No it wasn't from FragranceDVD.So don't bust out the Wii Fu yet lol J/P.I got it from a local flea market here in Las Vegas, brand new too it was the [Video Asia] version.

Archived