Kung Fu Panda

daisho2004

daisho2004

OK I just got back from seeing this movie today at the matinee and even though it was a Anime Cartoon it was Awesome, I was so glad to finally see a movie in this format made to Kung Fu Movies, there was a lot of elements that reminded me of some early Jackie Chan movies, such as Fearless Hyena, and Drunken Master, as well as Master Killer aka 36th.Chamber it had some very good fight scenes the Producers & Directors really did there research when it came to the fighting styles and the filming of the scenes. For any fan of this genre I highly recommend you see this movie and bring the kids of course, my 5yr.old loved it as well.

Kung_Fu_Panda_5.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robotech_Master

I agree. Underneath the fur and feathers of a talking-animal comedy beats the heart of a martial-arts period film. It follows the Jackie Chan formula pretty much exactly, and there are some clever homages to Chan and other kung fu films (and a bit of the more magical wuxia flicks, too). There were a few things I could have wished they'd done differently, and I wish Jackie Chan had more lines, but on the whole it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

If you would be so inclined, I advise staying to the end of the credits. There's nothing major there, but there is a nice little grace note.

daisho2004

Robotech_Master: I do agree with you that Jackie Chan shouldve had a little bit more dialogue in the film but really The Five Masters didn't have that many lines. They were funny when they did though. I want to see this again, and I truly hope that they make a sequel.

GwaiLoMoFo

Just got back from seeing this with my whole family and everybody loved it. Laughed my butt off and the animation was top notch. Excellent flick.

I took my 4 year old son to watch this yesterday. He sat plastered in his seat the whole time, laughing and telling me how cool the movie was.

The fights were very well stage. Animation or live action I agree with Mark in his review that it needs to be well thought out and executed and it was. Very cool stuff with great homage to some past classics!!

All around great family movie and I can't wait for the DVD!!

I will also say this is the best I've heard Jackie Chan in a while. I could easily understand every word he said!! :D

OK went to see this movie again after watching the "Hulk" Friday even better the 2nd. time around. "This Kung Fu Stuff is Hard Work" by PO The Panda

It was great, I'm surprised at how much I liked it. Like everybody else said above, it was surprisingly faithful to the spirit of traditional old school Fu.

Caught this the otherday and well, it's one of the better kung fu movies to have came out the last 10-15 years, good old school story - great training/fight scenes, the panda may have been a little to bumbling at times but the kids really thought this was funny so this movie succeeded on entertaining both the kiddies and adults.

I thought the first 10 minutes of animation was the best part of this movie, the dream was great - "There is no payment for awesomeness".

Dreamworks finally got something on par with Pixar.

This Movie was Awesome !!! Saw it last night with my 6 year old Nephew, he could not STOP TALKING about this film and all the funny scenes ... and yes, he talked my ear off all the way back home !

Archived