What is your favorite classic English dub job?

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

My favorite is Young Master. With the English dub, Young Master is one of my top 5 favorite comedies of all time in any genre. I laughed throughout the entire movie. Though they cut out parts of the fights (mostly the final fight), I like the English 90 minute version more than the subtitled 105 minute version. The music is also a big factor.

Some of my other favorite English dubs are Shaolin vs Lama and Ninja Hunter.

Guest Lei Kung

Invincible Armour

Drunken Master

Kid with the Golden Arms (most venoms films) - Golden Arms is probably my single favorite character dub period

Guest Chinatown Kid

Drunken Master, Five Deadly Venoms and Chinatown Kid("When your poor you have to struggle") are among my faves.

Talking about some of the worst don't forget Sun Dragon, the way they were slurring their words it seemed they must have been drunk when they did that dub. And yeah when Bolo broke out singing "Once there was a lonely man" in Tattoo Connection was pretty hilarious, the same dub team also did Edge of Fury with those thick ass British accents. :lol There's also some guy that seems to put an r on the end of every other word he says like "I'm going back to Chiner to visit my Mar and Par". :b

Guest Markgway
There's also some guy that seems to put an r on the end of every other word he says like "I'm going back to Chiner to visit my Mar and Par".

He's my fave bad dubber.

Can seemingly be heard on every second Kung Fu film.

He also says words like "Ninjer" "Aurgust" and "Shower-lin"

Guest morgoth

The British dubs are so much better than the American dubs. THat guy who does Ti Lung's voice in Avenging Eagle stands out to me. He obviously did a TON of movies. But there are least a couple more that I love to hear.

Guest killer meteor
Can seemingly be heard on every second Kung Fu film.

Is that the guy who voiced Lu Ping in New Fist Of Fury? Recall him getting a stutter when responding in the negative!

Snake in eagles shadow, Fearless hyena & Shaolin wooden men - I always watch these in english, probably cos as a kid i owned dubbed vhs of these so the original language versions seem less familiar.

Drunken Master however i first saw in chinese with subtitles so i still watch this particular film in the same way, although i'm led to believe this one is dubbed quite well.

Guest chen lung

Legend Of A Fighter:

F*ck You!

You Chinese are all ****in' dreamers!

If you don't fight, that shows that the Chinese are all yellow b*stards!

Fearless Dragons:

Ohhhhh What a lovely coffin!

My brother is in James Bond!

Guest killer meteor

Legend Of A Fighter is gold

"The mere sight of blood makes me want to faint! I'm so scared I s*it in my pants at fighting!"

"Old man, you're looking very sick!"

"F*CK YOU!"

"That's not very polite"

"Cheek to cheek, just like sweethearts! You're so ridiculous you're silly!"

Guest moviegyrl

> THE INVINCIBLE ARMOR - Expert job!!!

> BATTLE OF SHAOLIN (aka: THE DAMNED)

> HEROES OF SHAOLIN (cast: Chen Sing)

> CHALLENGE OF DEATH - One case in which a dub did not detract from a film's humor.

> MISSION KISS AND KILL (cast: Li I Ming) - I loved this dub for the cockneyed English and one particular line (that I can't recall) by I-Ming. All I remember is that it was darned clever and very funny!

> THE VICTIM - The guy, who did Sammo's voice, was dead-on! He really captured the happy-go-lucky quirkiness of that character!

> SHAOLIN HAND LOCK

Guest justkungfuman

Snake in Eagle's Shadow

Snake in Monkey's Shadow

Snake Deadly Act

Iron Monkey

Warriors Two

The Victim

Magnificent Butcher

Bloody Tattoo

Legend Of A Fighter

I can go on and on, to say one favorite!! Would be hard for me..

My First Kung Fu Movies was Hero Tattoo And Nine Dragon's and Super Ninja's both favorites...

I am 45 so I got to see a lot at the Theater and Drive-in Theaters. All night showing's of these type movies was a common thing in my area when I was a kid..

Which is why I am into this Genre...

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I always liked the dub of PROJECT A where all the characters (except Jackie's) speak in affected 'Chinese' accents. SHAOLIN VS. LAMA is a good one - it's hard to imagine that movie subtitled.

Worst dubs are probably SWORDSMAN WITH AN UMBRELLA and (shudder) WANG YU: THE DESTROYER.

Guest stormybman

I like The Victim. The guy who dubbs for Sammo's character seems to have done most of Sammo's English dubbs. He's funny, has timing, and plays well off Sammo's actions. The film is hilarious at times as well as when they're in the steam bath house and Leung Kar Yan thinks he's rid himself of Chan Wei, and when he gets outside there's Wei saying,.." Hi...!?", all girly like! This movie is fun for anyone that doesn't even like Kung Fu films. :lol

"Now you listen to me, i'll only say it once!... We are NOT sick men!!"