Fusian Films Recomendations?

Guest limubai2000

I think what would kick some major butt (if possible, I don't know)...KungFuCinema releasing a DVD label...ahhh wishful thinking...

So many fans wish to see rare and other films...hell, if I had my own DVD label, I'd try to release out of print American martial arts films and the rare films of old all and all that good stuff...that would be major kick butt stuff...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of the Fusian films were just kinda average. King Of Kings was great, but, after that, it got thin. The crash releases were fun. I liked those more.

I'm still hoping that someone will pick up the remainder of these titles. The complete list of films was once posted to the old board by the person who must have eventually sold them to Crash and Fusion. I wish I had saved that list... I fairly sure that Joseph Kuo's Swordsman of all Swordsmen was on the list and that is one I would really like to have.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

What films of Fusian Films are highly recommended?

I have seen a couple of the which were very weak.

Last night I tried to watch Famous Swordsman. "BORING"!

The Absurd Brave was another loser in my opinion.

I have heard King of Kings is pretty good.

How about the rest of there stock?

Thanks.

GD Y-Y

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah, what tdb and dmg said. Eight Immortals is a ton of fun. Just don't expect great fights or anything.

SamuraiDana

I never heard of "Fusian Films." Can someone explain what this refers to?

Thank you.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

They have only recently begun to release Classic Wuxia films on DVD.

Look them up on the internet.

Beware though many of their films are early Wuxia movies, early 60's and 70's. and some are not very good. Be sure to get a recommendation from this forum before you spend your money so you wont be disappointed.

Also see recent post: " Do you knew these films"? these are also Fusian Film DVD releases.

GD Y-Y

SamuraiDana

I went to their company website: http://www.fusianfilms.com/Shop/index.php

I find it very odd that they don't provide any real info about the 13 films being offered. No year, no country of origin, no stars, no director, no details about language tracks or subs.--all key things I would need to know before considering a purchase.

Is there any reason not to think this is a bootleg outfit? One of the names given in the company description leads me to think it might be.

BTW, I looked the films up on IMDB. Only a few are even listed there (e.g. BLOODY MASK, THE RINGING SWORD, FIGHT FOR THE AGREEMENT, THE EIGHT IMMORTALS). The listed ones are all Taiwanese films from the late '60s/early '70s. No recognizable names in the cast or crew. There's a DUEL WITH THE DEVILS on IMDB, but it's an Angela Mao film and not the one on the Fusian site, which is listed as DUEL WITH THE DEVIL and has a different plot.

I went to their company website: http://www.fusianfilms.com/Shop/index.php

I find it very odd that they don't provide any real info about the 13 films being offered. No year, no country of origin, no stars, no director, no details about language tracks or subs.--all key things I would need to know before considering a purchase.

Is there any reason not to think this is a bootleg outfit? One of the names given in the company description leads me to think it might be.

BTW, I looked the films up on IMDB. Only a few are even listed there (e.g. BLOODY MASK, THE RINGING SWORD, FIGHT FOR THE AGREEMENT, THE EIGHT IMMORTALS). The listed ones are all Taiwanese films from the late '60s/early '70s. No recognizable names in the cast or crew. There's a DUEL WITH THE DEVILS on IMDB, but it's an Angela Mao film and not the one on the Fusian site, which is listed as DUEL WITH THE DEVIL and has a different plot.

The films they release are Taiwanese and there is usually precious little information about them. Compounding the problem is that the title they are released under may not be the original English title.

I seem to remember that Fusian going out of business or at least was stopping distribution of martial arts films. So this list of films:

* Absurd Brave

* Bloody Mask

* Duel with the Devil

* Eight Immortals

* Famous Swordsman

* Fight for the Agreement

* Fire Bulls

* King of Kings

* Lady 9 Flower

* Ringing Sword

* Young Avengers

* Whirlwind Knight

Is all we are ever going to see from them. Am I mis-remembering or as something changed?

The films Fusion put out on DVD are part of a large collection of original film reels that were discovered around 2 years ago. The person that was in possession of the reels posted on the original Kung Fu Fandom board looking for a buyer. There were around 900 reels total I think and almost all the films were rare Taiwanese wuxias. I wish I had saved a copy of the original post - these are very rare titles that I don't think they would have ever been released otherwise.

Crash Cinema must have bought some of the reels as they released several DVDs from this lot as well. Unfortunately, both Fusion and Crash seem to have stopped releasing these (and Crash, at least, had several films scheduled that they didn't release).

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't think I have heard of anyone not liking King of Kings. Not a masterpiece, but very very good.

I bought the whole series for a good deal and so far have watched Lady 9 Flower and The Ringing Sword. I found them enjoyable. A lot of print damage, hard to read subtitles but a good way to spend the rainy days. (especially up here in WA state)

I bought the whole series for a good deal and so far have watched Lady 9 Flower and The Ringing Sword. I found them enjoyable. A lot of print damage, hard to read subtitles but a good way to spend the rainy days. (especially up here in WA state)

Lady 9 Flower is actually the second part to the story started in Absurd Brave. Fusion didn't make that clear in the DVD's description though.

By the way, I was surprised to see almost all of these Crash and Fusion DVDs in the bargain DVD section at Wal-Mart (for only $3.95 CDN each!). Anyone still looking for these might want to check there.

One Armed Boxer

Just a heads up in relation to the 11 titles in the Crash Masters series, hkflix are currently selling all the titles for $2.95 each, which is a steal, along with bundles of 4 box sets for $9.95 each.

I've picked up the Jimmy Wang Yu flick The Sword, thanks to the glowing review given by this site, not too sure if I'm tempted by any of the other titles though.

I don't think I have heard of anyone not liking King of Kings. Not a masterpiece, but very very good.

It's also Joesph Kuo and really nice.

I have reviews for a bunch of the films and caps on my site. Just click find the Fusian tag.

What's your site? for those of us, that don't know!

Funny, it used to be on my sig, but I assume it got clipped by the new software. Anyhow, its in my sig now.

hkfilmnews.blogspot.com

Morgoth Bauglir
It's also Joesph Kuo and really nice.

I have reviews for a bunch of the films and caps on my site. Just click find the Fusian tag.

You are the reason why I got this movie. After seeing your screen caps and review I was all over it.

Ringing Sword was not half bad, but the frame cuts were a bit annyoing. Worth 2 bucks for sure, though. Did anyone pick up their last release?

thankyouforfu
Anyone know if the Crash Cinema/Fusion DVD releases from the large collection of Taiwanese movies they acquired are officially done/cancelled? They released some great titles like The Sword and King of Kings.

Someone came on once and said that those rare Crash and Fusian releases are done, and Linn confirmed it.

These obscure wuxia titles have even less of an audience in the U.S. than the kung fu movies. It's a hard sell when they have few visual hooks like FEARLESS FIGHTERS and no big-name actors. Another problem is a broader lack of appreciation for the wuxia genre in all forms. Asia is immersed in it but aside from a few blockbuster titles like Zhang Zimou's HERO, Americans don't get it, say the way they do anime.

Many of the Fusian films were just kinda average. King Of Kings was great, but, after that, it got thin. The crash releases were fun. I liked those more.

Other than King of Kings, what else did Fusion put out on DVD?

Also, could someone provide a list of the Crash releases?

Archived