Deathrace 2000 remake--Deathrace 3000

venoms5

From the dreaded Paul W. S. Anderson comes this long in the making remake of the great Paul Bartel black comedy gore picture DEATHRACE 2000. From the looks of the cars and the concept for which the makers are rumored to be going for, this film seems to have more in common with the playstation video game series TWISTED METAL...

http://jalopnik.com/394718/the-cars-of-death-race

Tom Cruise was at one time supposedly attached (or maybe still is?) as an Executive Producer and was rumored to star as the Frankenstein character portrayed by David Carradine in the classic original. In this new version it's rumored (or in the script) the cars get upgrades by running over "buttons" on the course/road(??) This is definitely one remake I am not looking forward to nor am I curious about it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thisis gonna be terrible, there are movies that are made that shouldn't be revised or remade-- especially with that misplaced cast.

I also read somewhere they wanted to remake Escape From New York. I wish they wouldn't try to remake so many classics, just to mess them up.

Apparently that ESCAPE FROM NY remake is still on. At first, Carpenter was going to do ESCAPE FROM EARTH but it seems that got scrapped and replaced with this.

In this new version it's rumored (or in the script) the cars get upgrades by running over "buttons" on the course/road(??)

Like mario kart? This is just great.

Yeah, I saw that posted on a couple of other sites. Not sure if it's true or not but it's pretty sad if it is. This film looks so much like a TWISTED METAL movie. The Big truck not only resembles 'Minion' from that series, but the big truck from WARLORDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY (1982) aka BATTLETRUCK.

Death Race isn't looking too good with that cast either, I wish they would leave those classic waste land movies alone-- Death Race, Escape From NY, Mad Max and the rest of those classics.

Archived