Bruce's Deadly Fingers (aka 'Bruce's Fingers') (1976)

Guest W Hong

Spoilers

I remember renting the World Video VHS tape of "Bruce's Finger", which starred Bruce Le, Nora Miao, Lo Lieh. I don't think that it was dubbed in English, so it was probably in Cantonese language. So I guess that was one way to watch a Bruce Lee imitator movie in the HK version. Do you hope that "BF" will be released onto DVD in the original Cantonese language and Eng. subt.? I can't remember if "BF" was good or not, but I remember the fight scenes near the end being good. One of those fights has Bruce Le taking out a nunchaku stick from inside one of his boots or whatever. I hardly ever saw somebody in a kung fu movie who carried it around that way for some reason. So for you Bruce imitator fans, I thought I'd let you know about that video.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Squid Lips

Hey KM, the end is cut? Which part? I have this DVD (a great 2.35 print) but am curious as to what was cut? I saw this in the theaters years ago twice and don't recall anything missing.

But this is one of my favorite Le films (for the camp value). Has some interesting Lee-connections with the actors (nora, old man from Enter The Dragon) and locations (Wong's studio).

Guest killer meteor

SPOILER

On the DVD, Le pokes out Lo Lieh's eye and then lunges toward him (and the camera). THE END. Apparently the UK VHS shows a bit more afterwards - what exactly I'm not sure

Guest kungfusamurai

Passion Productions has put out a series of Bruce Le DVDs under the title 'Kung Fu Theatre'. They put out Bruce's Deadly Finger (that's what they called it) as 2.35:1. They probably used the same source tape that VCI used. They put out a whole series of DVDs with Bruce Le, many from Best Film VHS sources.

KFS

Guest kungfusamurai

I've bought a bunch of the Kung Fu Theatre DVDs (I passed on a number of them because I already have them, like Ghost of The Ninja AKA Killer In White - but I might end up buying them later anyway) and all of them are full screen and I'd say of those full screens, 90% have pixelation during the fight scenes (if you're familiar with their Saturn DVD releases from years ago, the ones that used to go for $1 each on Ebay, it's the same problem).

Unless they put out reissues of the first two Street Fighter Sonny Chiba flicks, I think that the Finger movie is the only one that is widescreen, and that was because they had a previous VHS release to work from that was widescreen (and english dubbed).

KFS

Archived