Fantasy Mission Force (1983)

Winfred

I believe Shaws held him responsible for higher standards. Plus, you had a slew of directors at movietown that would command all the work if his films didn't profit.

Some of Lo Wei's film with Jackie are fun. Snake & Crane Arts Of Shaolin is pretty good. Shaolin Wooden Men was okay. Lo Wei's bad rap as a film maker is undeserved IMO. I have to pick up the HKL dvd of Dragon Fist.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

I forgot about Shaolin Wooden Men. I love that movie. Dragon Fist is also good. Probably Jackie's best hand work. I haven't seen Snake and Crane Arts.

I forgot about Shaolin Wooden Men. I love that movie. Dragon Fist is also good. Probably Jackie's best hand work. I haven't seen Snake and Crane Arts.

You'll love snake & crane arts. There's a 4th Lo Wei/Jackie film I'm forgetting, I think.

Morgoth Bauglir
You'll love snake & crane arts. There's a 4th Lo Wei/Jackie film I'm forgetting, I think.

I actually have to thank your stalker HAZ. If it wasn't for his post I wouldn't have noticed your post lol. I believe the other movie you are thinking of is To Kill With Intigue. I liked that movie a lot, though I don't think it is too popular with most kung fu fans. Jackie also had a couple of scenes in Killer Meteors, but I don't remember very much about that movie. All I remember is it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Morgoth Bauglir

No HAZ's stalker left a comment for him. I quoted it, but it looks like HAZ deleted that part of my post. Anyways, thanks HAZ's stalker:D

... I know I'm on here legit. I only want to comment on subject matter.

Btw, the other film Lo Wei directed Jackie In was Spiritual Kung Fu. Which is on my wish list. Have never seen it, so I cannot say anything on it yet.

Received my Dragon Jester order. They're thinpacks. No English description/synopsis (it's in Malay).

A quick check out of Spiritual Trinity:

Here's a shot of the cover:

fo2k5i.jpg

Screenshots:

WINSON

32zjseu.jpg

DRAGON JESTER

2m84fir.jpg

WINSON

2h7q4gk.jpg

DRAGON JESTER

1pwjf4.jpg

It looks like the Dragon Jester disc has new subs (of lesser quality), so probably no gaps of dialog that aren't subbed. The Winson may have slightly higher quality subs, but I know there are gaps of dialog that aren't subbed. A toss up? The Winson has more chapter stops too.

Picture:

In spite of what I've heard about it being wide-screen anamorphic, it looks like the Dragon Jester disc is full screen. The Winson is fullscreen, darker and there's more detail, but it looks darker on my tv. Darkness, notwithstanding, I'd say the Winson disc has the better picture.

Sound:

Dragon Jester, Cantonese 2.0/5.1 vs Winson Cantonese 2.0/Mandarin 2.0

I don't already own any of the other titles I picked up and as far as I know there aren't any other releases (or at best, just Winson level releases) so I guess I'm still ahead. The quality may vary disc to disc (the FMF screen shots earlier in the thread looked pretty good).

Ah, well, such is the game.

Checked out Guys In Ghost's Hand. It is wide-screen, but the English and Chinese subs are burnt in. The Malay subs are removable though...

Some of the English subs are more or less chopped off in some places (cropping I guess). Picture quality is adequate (given the current rarity of the title) and it's a PAL disc.

(Might as well go through the rest of them...)

Shy Spirit: This one actually looks pretty good. Removable English subs, wide screen, nice picture.

Devil Sorcery: PAL, removable English subs, picture quality crummy, more or less wide-screen

Demoness From Thousand Years: Burnt in English/Chinese subs (removable Malay), picture quality is good, wide-screen

Devil's Vindata: PAL, removable English subs, full screen, picture quality ok (this one includes a Mandarin 2.0 soundtrack)

Ghost in Me: PAL, removable English subs, full screen, picture quality ok

Heavenly Spell: removable English subs, full screen, picture quality ok

The Vampire Partner: PAL, removable English subs, wide screen, picture quality good

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they're all interlaced (big surprise).

Considering the overall quality they are kinda expensive ($8.00 a pop from sensasia), but they are also rare-ish. I guess it depends on how badly you want to see the movie.

It looks like Dragon Jester also released Skin Striperess (aka Skinned Ghost) as Sexy Ghost. Maybe it's not on sensasian's list because it's CAT III?

If you really want to try ordering from someplace other than sensasian, try googling the UPC. You're on your own though.

Although Jackie played a small part in this film, he really lets loose. Kinda reminds me of those "Cannon Ball Run" films in which Jackie had some amazing fight scenes. It's films like this that gave us a glimpse of what Jackie can do and what was ahead. Guess what Jackie delivered!XD

Guest ekisha

You don't have to say these.Even you don't like this flicks,some people find it interesting.For example Cannon Ball Run I-II are ones of my favourite non-martial arts movies.Fantasy Mission Force is also on of my favourites.

________

LovelyWendie

Skin Striperess is one of the better DVDs, letterboxed with the same crappy removeable subs.

Off the top of my head...

Musical Vampire is less letterboxed with burned in subs, not great but the best I've seen it look.

The Tantana is full screen with removeable subs.

Sleazy Dizzy is full screen with removeable subs.

In terms of quality Guys in Ghosts Hand looks almost exactly like the VCD I have.

I'll have to check some of the other Dragon Jester DVDs I have.

Their methods of payment:

Method of Payment

1. Credit Card

Kindly scan front & back of your Visa or Master or Amex credit card and attached in your email or fax to us for payment purpose.

2. T.T. (Telegraphic Transferred)

You can also pay by T.T. Payment which through our bank account as below:-

Eastern Records Sdn. Bhd.

Hong Leong Bank Berhad (Malaysia)

A/C No. : 03900023885

3. Money Order

Buy money order and post it to the following address:-

Eastern Records Sdn. Bhd.

No. 158, Jalan Raja Laut

50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Attn. : Andy Cheow or Miss Lim

I guess the money order wouldn't be to bad, if they'll take it in you local currency. Otherwise, I foresee it being a giant pain in the ass to get a money order in whatever their local currency is.

The scan and attach credit card is just...even paypal is a better option. I think there's another one out there called vcddvd88; options are kind of limited getting stuff from Malaysia (but not as bad as getting anything from Taiwan).

Is Brigitte Lin the main star in this movie ?

After all her romance movies, she did 1 movie of such kind and it was a box office champiopn that year in Taiwan that sparked of many such movies later.

Winfred,

Where can I see the cover of this remastered edition ?

Where can I see the cover of this remastered edition ?

It is not very big, but here you go:

V17439H-D.jpg

And for the record Jackie's worst movie was Rumble in the Bronx! Shit it wasn't even in the Bronx!

Hoooow!!!! It might have been crappy alround but it was filled with up with some pretty decent fighting.

There are easily worst. Tuxedo springs to mind.

massa_yoda

i agree with bolofan. Bronx had great stuff in it, who cares if it wasn't in the Bronx. Tuxedo is the worst. FMF? Ridiculous yes, but good for a laugh and at least one good fight scene is in it. This is a celebration of lunacy. It dares you to try and follow it.

Who got the most screen time in this movie ? Is it true Brigitte got the most and jackie only got small part ?