Fantasy Mission Force (1983)

Winfred

Killer Meteor
Malaysia used to be very strict but I have noticed that the censorship board is more tolerant these days. Having said that, I wouldn't buy triad movies here as the Govt thinks the people emulate what they see on-screen. Kungfu should be okay.

Gee, sounds like the UK's now defuncut stance on nunchaku action

Here's a list of Dragon Jester releases (not complete) that I saw on another board:

Demoness From Thousand Years

Devil Sorcery

Devil's Vindata (Devil's Vendetta)

Shy Spirit

The Spiritual Trinity

Ghost In Me

Heavenly Spell

Guys In Ghost's Hand

The Vampire Partner

The Musical Vampire

The Executioner

(supplied by Gynther Meyer at asisandvdguide)

Invincible Fighter

I saw these two poking around:

Martial Art Master Wong Fei Hong

Circus Kid

And of course the two titles previously listed here:

Fantasy Mission Force

Master With the Cracked Fingers

These are going for 7.99 a pop at sensasian; is there any other place to pick up Malaysian discs?

I haven't heard of most of those fantasy/horror movies anyone have any opinions? Circus Kid looks to be an early Yuen Biao movie, but beyond that I know nothing about it.

Also Sleazy Dizzy, an early Stephen Chow (though he's not the lead) (Doug Sulpy, asiandvdguide)

Guest ekisha

I have seen most of them

Shy Spirit-good comedy,starring:Eric Tsang,Ngai Sing,Lam Ching Ying(supporting role).Too bad i have seen it without subtitles on annoying vhs to dvd rip.

The Spiritual Trinity-very good comedy with mr.vampire elements.Especially Kent Cheng,when he thinks his son is Lam Ching Ying's...I have it on dvd released by Winson Ent.Picture quality is good,but sometimes subtitles disappear.But not too bad.

Ghost In Me.Not excellent movie,but if you are ghost/vampire-comedy fan,then you will enjoy it(like me).Stanley Fung always makes good comedies.

The Musical Vampire-directed by Wilson Tong,starring:Stanley Fung(as taoist priest)with two disciples(one of them is Xion Xin Xin)and Lam Ching Ying(as taoist,supporting role),Charlie Cho(plays the same type of role,which was played by Billy Lau in Mr.Vampire 1985,and Mr.Vampire 1992).Probably it's the same type as Mr.Vampire,but a bit weak.

Circus Kids-is directed by Wu Ma,i bought it because i'm Yuen Biao fan.Starring Yuen Biao,Lam Wei,and Donnie Yen(supporting role).Action scenes are poor.Screenplay is not so bad,but very weak sometimes).I can say lots of movies of period 1990-1995 are like this,including circus kids(yeah sometimes there are good movies too).This movie is about circus guys,opium,and corruption.

The Executioner-i have this,but haven't watched it yet.

Also,anyone knows where i can get full list of movies released by Dragon Jester?

________

BMW VI 5,5 HISTORY

Robotech_Master

Aaaaargh. Darn you people.

I had sworn to myself, after seeing the English dub, that I would order a subtitled version of FMF if such a thing ever presented itself just to see if it could possibly be any less incomprehensible.

I had to keep my promise.

One Armed Boxer

I love out there kung-fu movies that are so bad they're good, but I couldn't even get to the end of FMF it was so crap.

The comedy is terrible, bar the part at the start when they're talking about who was unavailable for the mission, and they start showing pictures of Rocky & 007, but the rest was god awful.

I kept on wishing Wang Yu would stroll in Golden Swallow style and slice everyone to pieces before casually walking out and bringing the movie to an end, but I realised it wasn't going to happen, and turned it off around the 50 minute mark, I really couldn't stand any more....

Robotech_Master

Just in case people haven't seen them, here are some marvelous reviews of (the English dub of) Fantasy Mission Force.

http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Fantasy_Mission_Force_1984.aspx

http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/comedy/fantasymission/fantasymission.html

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/fantasymiss/

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknownmovies/reviews/rev157.html

The Agony Booth one is almost as much fun as watching the movie itself.

I really wish the Rifftrax guys would do this film. :)

Morgoth Bauglir
Saw a new Dragon Jester DVD today : Jackie Chan's Invincible Fighter.

Is this a good movie?

It's a weird documentary that shows clips of Jackie's Lo Wei films.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah it's just a bunch of clips, but it's done in a really weird way. They play clips and make it seem like the movies are from Jackie's real life. And some of the lines are so corny I burst out laughing.

The Executioner

Do anyone know if that print of The Executioner / The Beheaded 1000 is better than the Tai Seng one. It's one movie I started watching & never finished - I was about 5 minutes into the movie when we lost power. I misplace my copy when I moved.

Robotech_Master

I've just received my copy of the Dragon Jester Fantasy Mission Force DVD. I won't be able to watch it until I get home tonight, but already the cover has provided me with a considerable degree of amusement—because as far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing on it that comes from anywhere within the movie. In particular, there are some big rusty tanks in the background—a far cry from the "Nazi demolition derby" that is actually seen in the film!

It looks like they used stock photos of Chan, Wang-Yu, Adam Cheng, and Brigitte Lin (at least, I assume that's Lin—she looks absolutely nothing like she does in the movie!) and given them guns they did not wield in the movie. Brigitte Lin is holding a really huge double-barreled revolver that looks a lot like a Civil War era LeMat revolver (one of my all-time favorite guns) except it is about twice as big as a LeMat would be, and ported like a modern magnum.

You know, I sure would love to see the movie that this cover would be an accurate depiction of. It looks pretty good. Alas, I know what's waiting for me inside the jewel box. :P

Robotech_Master

All right, I've watched a bit of this DVD, and, sadly, I'm unimpressed. The DVD is presented in 4:3, but the picture is letterboxed and everyone is stick-figure thin. It's like they took a picture that was supposed to be anamorphic but forgot to anamorphize it.

On the bright side, it's nice to see a translation of the musical number at last, and to find that the dialogue in the dub is basically accurate to what they actually originally said…

Has anyone picked up any of the other Dragon Jester titles? I'm almost ready to pick up almost all of the supernatural ones, but would like more info on quality.

I know these are mostly rare titles, and beggars can't be choosers, but I would like confirmation that they are at least wide screen, like FMF.

Chinatown Kid

I got this this in a trade just recently and have to say this is one crazy ass movie that made no sense, Jackie must have owed Wang big time to appear in this lol. I did enjoy looking at gorgeous Bridgitte Lin the whole time though. :D

• Like 1

... Jackie must have owed Wang big time to appear in this lol.

I'll say! Jimmy only kept his behind alive and assisted with the Triads getting off Jackie's back, by way of "Godfather" Lo Wei!

Btw, anyone ever wonder why Jimmy Wang Yu made all those low budgeted flicks in Taiwan? Well, when he broke his contract with The Shaws, he was also a marked man. Raymond Chow:mad: (old bastard), bought out his contract, with the condition Wang never work in HK again. This all started because Wang wanted greater profits off his projects, sought freedom and independance and more creative control. (Sound familiar?) Shaws were not going to let him go, just as they held Fu Sheng prisoner years later, and Chow needed another box office name for his new company, paid "Tea Money" assisting Wang, all this being circa '70-'71. Even the scenes shot for The Man From Hong Kong were short and quick.

Another footnote on Chow (:mad:): It wasn't until year's later that it was revealed he was having an affair with Lo Wei's wife!!

She was also a leading Production figure in his new company (fringe benefits?)

That's why Lo Left to form his own company shortly after Lee's death, later leading to Chow signing JC away from Lo. The man's a scumbag!:mad:

I'll tell you how I really feel about him some other time.

SamuraiDana
I

That's why Lo Left to form his own company shortly after Lee's death, later leading to Chow signing JC away from Lo. The man's a scumbag!:mad:

I'll tell you how I really feel about him some other time.

I lost you there. Which one's the scumbag, Lo or Chow?

Morgoth Bauglir

Just to clarify, Lo Wei was a hack director, after he left The Shaw Brothers. I've highy enjoyed all the Shaw movies he did. I think I've seen 3 of them now.

Chinatown Kid

Didn't Lo direct Wang Yu in Trail of the Broken Blade or was it Chang Cheh? I have been wanting to see that film but haven't had a chance yet as I heard it was good.