Fantasy Mission Force (1983)

Winfred

This Jimmy Wang Yu/Jackie Chan/Brigitte Lin/Adam Cheng movie has been remastered to perfection and released with English subtitles in Malaysia. What a joy it is to see this anamorphic DVD approach Celestial's standards on my 46" LCD.

vonhumboldtfleisher

Don't forget Pearl Chang! This is a truly demented classic. Any screenshots?

I don't know if I could take 43 inches of Suen Yuet's insane drinking song, myself.

This is one crazy movie. Silly, silly silly. . . but so entertaining. Love Jackies fight in the middle, some of his best bootwork

Chinatown Kid

Jackie did this movie as a favor to Jimmy Wang Yu because Jimmy got him out of that Triad mess with Lo Wei. Never have seen this film but heard it was weird.

daisho2004

From what I remember I really didn't care for this movie I think Jackie Chan was only in this movie for about 5minutes or so.

Yup, that's the company releasing a bunch of these rare movies. The company is called Dragon Jester Entertainment Sdn Bhd. Tel no : 603-9282 6788

Fax no : 603-9282 3799

The stickered price is only RM10.90 and that's approximately US$3.30 per DVD. What a bargain! If you need the address of this company, just let me know.

It runs 90 minutes and it's PAL.

What happens when you convert this running time to NTSC? Is there a formula?

What's great is that Dragon Jester has released more than 20 titles and I have spotted some rare kung fu ones like the early Jackie Chans and Donnie Yens in astonishing clarity. I thought these films were only available as blur bootlegs.

cool, it's the shorter HK Version i prefer then. approx 4% is the difference between PAL and NTSC, but as lots of Asian DVDs are conversions from PAL without Speed Changes, you can take nothing for granted. any Site where i can actually check WHAT that company released? i found some great horror stuff, but not any much more...

Hi Spannick

Is Iron Monkey 2 rare? I remember holding that DVD in the shops today.

Since I am going back to the shops tomorrow, shall I write a list of the titles for you?

Hi Morgoth

I actually know very little about kung fu movies apart from the Shaw classics. What I can tell you is that I opened a bunch of these and really liked what I saw in terms of correct aspect ratio and picture clarity without speckling. This company is giving Celestial a run for their money. Their DVDs are so cheap and they are packed in these very slim DVD cases. Unfortunately I do not care for the artwork of the covers. They should have used the original film posters.

Hi Spannick

Is Iron Monkey 2 rare? I remember holding that DVD in the shops today.

Since I am going back to the shops tomorrow, shall I write a list of the titles for you?

a list would be excellent, sure. no idea about IRON MONKEY 2... never saw a DVD of it even.

Hi Winfred,

Thanks for the info. One of my students id from KL. He always brings me back souviners of Malaysia when he goes home. I'll be asking for this DVD for sure!!!

Are there any other KF flims from this line that you'd recommend?

Thanks

HAZ

Killer Meteor

I'm dumbstruck that anyone should want to remaster these but eternally grateful just the same!!!

Winfried, could you get some screencaps and running time for Master With Cracked Fingers?

Killer Meteor

Also, are these free of censorship? I've given to understand that Malaysia has some pretty strict censorship but I may be misinformed!

I know in Malaysia, they were not happy with the Young and Dangerous films because of the glorification of the Triads, so in the fourth installment, they revealed Chan Ho-Nam to be an undercover police officer in the Malaysia version. Here's the link:

http://www.hkfilm.net/ynd4pic.htm

Malaysia used to be very strict but I have noticed that the censorship board is more tolerant these days. Having said that, I wouldn't buy triad movies here as the Govt thinks the people emulate what they see on-screen. Kungfu should be okay.

vonhumboldtfleisher

Wow, thanks for the screen caps. There are a couple of movies called IRON MONKEY 2, but if it's the 1995 film with Donnie Yen and Billy Chow it's an unwatchable shambles.