Born Invincible

falkor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

That reference is kind of lost on me??! Is it In Living Color? Cuz I never saw that....

Fang Shih-yu
Is it In Living Color? Cuz I never saw that....

It is! Nice "Men on Film" reference, Brother inframan!:tongue: You should use that anytime you don't like something!

kungfusamurai

I finished rewatching it. The mandarin version I have has subs that are unreadable, so I didn't follow the story closely. But I do remember it from before. Carter Wong's fighting was okay. He didn't do anything intricate. If his character did any somersaults, you could see it was Alan Tsui doubling for him. Lo Lieh was doubled significantly in his second fight against Jack Long.

Too much frame cutting for me to call this a classic. When a movie is chopped up like that, I think of it as being broken. I mean, he was even frame cutting Alan Tsui vs the two Yuens! What the heck was Kuo expecting from everyone? He should have just undercranked or sped up the film in post-production. It just looks so stupid with everything jump cutting all over the place.

I give Born Invincible a 2/5. The plot isn't anything spectacular, but I would have given it 4/5 if the fights weren't frame cut. And it loses a point for ugly hair: the Yuens, and Jack Longs lop-sided hairdo.

KFS

Fang Shih-yu

kungfusamurai, I think I heard a distant POP.... I think falkor's head just exploded!:tongue:

Archived