Two Toothless Tigers

Jstn

The only version i can find is 'Red Sun' :(

I know it's a rare movie, but can that be the only distributor?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkor has what seems to be a superior print of this one. I think it's up on rarekungfumovies. Afaik no legal release available.

And as always, stay away from the red sun stuff ;)

thedirtytiger

A few years ago Eastern Heroes were going to release it on video, but there was some problem, I don't know why. But they did squeeze out a few copies of it before they decided not to do it of which I am a proud owner. This is probably the source of most boots of the film out there.....there was also supposed to be a nice Chinese Laserdisc but I never got my hands on it :(

Guest Markgway

It's a quite terrible movie. Maybe that's the reason for lack of distributor interest? Only the end fight is worth watching. The rest (dumb comedy) is a chore and not close to the standard we're used to from Sammo.

It's a quite terrible movie. Maybe that's the reason for lack of distributor interest? Only the end fight is worth watching. The rest (dumb comedy) is a chore and not close to the standard we're used to from Sammo.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Guest Markgway

I only mention it because you would expect a Sammo film from circa 1980 to be class. But this ain't The Prodigal Son... it ain't even Odd Couple.

Horrendous, stupid, terrible movie with some outstanding action. 3 action scenes in the movie(restuarant, Lung Wei vs Chung Fat and the ending)

It is very much worth it to get, simply to have a dvd version of the action to jump to or ff to. There is no other reason on this entire planet to watch the movie itself. Yoou'd be better served trying to find old toe nail clippings in the carpet than to watch this, thing.

• Administrator

Wow that last review was harsh! XD Um, I liked it a bit more than that... but I certainly wasn't impressed by the overall film either. The action did seem good, but the print I saw was so dark it was tough seeing what was going on.

Is Joy Sales or anybody planning on releasing this? Anyone know? I'd buy it for the action, and because I'm a big fan of Sammo.

silver hermit

its not that bad lol. i guess because sammo was involved you expect more but its comparable to other films concidered classics from that era.

odioustrident

The Red Sun print is just inferior quality to their other releases, regardless of their copyright issues. It looks like one of the worse VHS rips.

thundered mantis

The comedy I won´t judge. But the action there is so utterly awesome that it´s ridiculous. First, Yuen Shun Yee has a typical Woo Ping fight with crazy acrobatics. Then there´s a Wang Lung Wei bout that´s among the best he´s done. The WLW fights Lee Hoi Sang. And I swear LHS never moved better than in that brief fight. Then Chung Fa vs WLW, which is awesome, like the fight Chung Fa has in Magnificent Butcher. Then, the finale is piece of art.

So, YES, it is worthwhile. More than most of kf films out there. The EH tape is the best version I know of.

The comedy I won´t judge. But the action there is so utterly awesome that it´s ridiculous. First, Yuen Shun Yee has a typical Woo Ping fight with crazy acrobatics. Then there´s a Wang Lung Wei bout that´s among the best he´s done. The WLW fights Lee Hoi Sang. And I swear LHS never moved better than in that brief fight. Then Chung Fa vs WLW, which is awesome, like the fight Chung Fa has in Magnificent Butcher. Then, the finale is piece of art.

So, YES, it is worthwhile. More than most of kf films out there. The EH tape is the best version I know of.

You mean Eastern Hereos tape? Is that on DVD? I can't seem to find anything other than Red Sun :(

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm watching this now, will give my thoughts in a bit, hopefully I end up the minority of liking this film because so far the majority think it's sucked.

Best version I know of 2 toothless Tigers is the one of RAREKUNGFUMOVIES. It's widescreen, dual audio and the print used was the 35 mm reels.

Best version I know of 2 toothless Tigers is the one of RAREKUNGFUMOVIES. It's widescreen, dual audio and the print used was the 35 mm reels.

So thay have the Chinese print from that guy on YouTube?

Someone inbox me about the availability of this

Morgoth Bauglir

I had high expectations going into this one and I don't think I've ever been more disappointed. A couple of great fights, and that's it. The finale has some good moves but I just wasn't feeling it. Wang Lung Wei has been in at least 20 better final fights. If it wasn't for the restaurant fight and Chung Fa vs WLW, I would put this as one of the worst kung fu movies ever made.

OpiumKungFuCracker
If it wasn't for the restaurant fight and Chung Fa vs WLW, I would put this as one of the worst kung fu movies ever made.

ColinFarrell.gif

Morgoth Bauglir

You got it. That's the exact expression I had on my face about 6 years ago when i took one last look at this DVD and put it on the shelf never to be touched again.

kungfusamurai

I didn't get into this one either. I guess Two Toothless Tigers is an appropriate title for this film. ;)

I read a lot of the comments here and I'm a little surprised:squigglemouth: Action wise this is 'Top Notch!', forget the story, forget the comedy, just marvel at the fight choreography. Sammo, Lam Ching Yin, Yuen Biao & Billy Chan all had a hand in creating the action and it shows!!

I first saw this classic in the very late 80's, a VHS with no subs and was totally blown away, maybe that's why you guys don't rate this, as you've only seen it recently and are maybe comparing it to what you've seen from that era. Trust me, when this landed it was one of the most sought after movies!

At that time, late 80's, (the decline of Late Night Cinema), getting to see good Kung Fu was becoming more & more difficult, VHS was the way to go and this one was actually changing hands at £30:00 a copy!

Bless:cool:

OpiumKungFuCracker
I read a lot of the comments here and I'm a little surprised:squigglemouth: Action wise this is 'Top Notch!', forget the story, forget the comedy, just marvel at the fight choreography. Sammo, Lam Ching Yin, Yuen Biao & Billy Chan all had a hand in creating the action and it shows!!

I first saw this classic in the very late 80's, a VHS with no subs and was totally blown away, maybe that's why you guys don't rate this, as you've only seen it recently and are maybe comparing it to what you've seen from that era. Trust me, when this landed it was one of the most sought after movies!

At that time, late 80's, (the decline of Late Night Cinema), getting to see good Kung Fu was becoming more & more difficult, VHS was the way to go and this one was actually changing hands at £30:00 a copy!

Bless:cool:

klD1LY2.gif

Archived