Fist of Legend (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

BLfan

Guest WuxiaFan

I decided to just email Bey Logan and ask if the DD version is uncut. He was not aware of the Ritek uncut version and he indicated the DD version will be the edited version. I suggested he pick up the uncut version. I know of one retailer on the net that has it: kungfumovies.net. It is listed as "Fist of Legend (Chinese)", and suggest verifying with them that it is the Ritek version before ordering. I still plan on getting the DD version anyway, as Bey's audio commentary and all of the extras should be worth the price alone.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the french special edition dvd too of this great movies. Many extra inside.

But no english subtitles. I ordered the DD edition.

kowloon

Kungfumovies.net is said to be a dodgy site.

I don't think DD would dare release a version shorter than the Hong Kong version. The Taiwanese version is simply another version as cited in the link I provided (not necessarily 'uncut' as put by many) and most likely the origin of their deleted scenes.

Guest WuxiaFan

Agree with you on kungfumovies.net, but they're the only one that has the Taiwanese version. That's the only disc I've ever ordered from them.

Disagree with you on your other point. The DD version is listed at 103 mins and the Ritek version is 106 mins. Dvdcompare.net states "no cuts" for the Ritek and French verisons. To me, "no cuts" means "uncut." I couldn't find a Hong Kong version, unless you're referring to the French R2 version. Is there a HK version?

The term 'uncut' (to DVD Compare) means no distributor cuts, as opposed to studio.

The Taiwanese version was put out like that, so was the Hong Kong version (which as kowloon said, the French disc includes).

The link shown below refers to a german website that shows the screenshots of the Ritek version (Taiwan Cut) of the movie that is not in the HK cut of the film.

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=1062

Another good reference, although it does miss out on a few things:

In the HK, but not Taiwanese: Chen Jen faining death during the finale.

In the Taiwanese, but not HK: The soldiers pausing before entering the dojo as Chen Jun and Ting Yan make their way out after the finale.

I haven't been online in a few days. Has there been a DVD review for Fist of Legend?

Not so far. Perhaps in the next few days, people's copies will dispatch and we'll get a review within a week prior to release (saltysam tends to do this over at BulletsnBabes).

Morgoth Bauglir

I'm hoping to get it on Tuesday. Some places like Best Buy and Amazon have it coming out on the 2nd, and other places like Suncoast and Walmart have it coming out on the 9th.

Best Buy now has it listed for 9/9. I want it right now!!

I went by my local best buy today to see if they put it out early (they have in the past). But no early release for FOL.

Morgoth Bauglir

I wonder why some places had it listed for 9/2. Now I'm just hoping that the 9/9 date sticks so I can get it at Suncoast this Thursday. That's when they get their shipments in. Thursday at 4 PM :nerd:

Morgoth Bauglir

It seems that LAbor Day has pushed it back a day and Suncoasst isn't getting it in until Friday. I don't know how much longer my patience will last!

Morgoth Bauglir
I was wished 'Happy Labour Day' or something in an email recently...

Yeah it was a really happy labor Day. Work was even more fun than it normally is. :P

• Administrator
Y'all trippin'.

:l

Yeah Dragon, I'm trippin' all right. Trippin' right into Best Buy tonight to pick up one of the top 25 kung fu films of all time! :angel:

I finally got it. XD

Yesssss...my precious....

Now, here's hoping it doesn't have any weird, stuttering picture garbage going on like the DD's TAI CHI MASTER disc.

Archived