Fist of Legend (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

BLfan

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is gonna sound dumb, I'm already regreting this...

What is thie difference between that one and the one thats already out???

511KM4QC7ML._SS500_.jpg

Just curious as I don't have either and that title is on my list of next ones to get...

It's not Fist of Fury, but it's pretty good. I remember the first time I saw this, thinking, "Hmmm... this Jet Dude must be pretty good if they allowed him to remake a Bruce Lee movie!"

Bruce Li and all the other clones for the films they made, never remade a Bruce Lee film.

I have given Jet a pass on the usage of stunt doubles after hearing about his terrible injury while making the first OUTIC. He still is a top rated action star. I feel Donnie Yen is the better Martial Artist, and Jet has more onscreen presence.

They REALY wanted to make sure average-joe (Walmart) consumer knows its a Jet Li film!

"What is thie difference between that one and the one thats already out???"

The old version is cut, re-scored, and only english dubbed (as are all the Miramax Jet films). Its my favorite modern MA film, and I dont even own that version (IT SUCKS).

Special features for Fist of Legend is posted on DD website:

SPECIAL FEATURES

* Disc 1

* Feature Length Commentary by Hong Kong Cinema expert Bey Logan

* Disc 2

* The Man Behind The Legend - An Exclusive Interview With Director Gordon Chan

* Brothers In Arms - An Exclusive Interview With Kung Fu Impresario Chin Siu-ho

* The Way Of The Warrior

* An Exclusive Interview With Japanese Action Legend Kurata Yasuaki

* The School Of Hard Knocks - A Screen Fighting Seminar At The Celebrated Kurata Action School

* A Hollywood Look At Fist Of Legend With Director Brett Ratner & Critic Elvis Mitchell

* Deleted Scenes

* Trailer Gallery

Solid extras with the exception of Ratner and Mitchell "look" into Fist of Legend LOL

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks lorenzol!!! Man I can't wait to get this. This movie is a fight fan's dream come true, and those look like some nice special features to go along with it!

* An Exclusive Interview With Japanese Action Legend Kurata Yasuaki

!!

I originally wanted to replace the dimension release only because of the dreadful dub, but this should definately make it worth it.

The Running Man

That is a great list of extras and than this disastre makes its way:

A Hollywood Look At Fist Of Legend With Director Brett Ratner & Critic Elvis Mitchell

It's like crap on what sounds like a good meal. :rolleyes:

Killer Meteor
That is a great list of extras and than this disastre makes its way:

A Hollywood Look At Fist Of Legend With Director Brett Ratner & Critic Elvis Mitchell

It's like crap on what sounds like a good meal. :rolleyes:

I always find the concept of those rather condescending. Its not like a critic doing a retrospective commentary, rather its a bunch of professional geeks desperate for the attention (and cash, presumbly)

Actually, Brett was said to have done 'Police Story' for free. Sure, he maybe a fan but unless he's an expert on the film or can give a professional review, I'm not interested in his contribution.

Would have been nice to have an interview with Jet or the Yuen clan. Perhaps it was a budget issue.

Where is the Billy Chow interview? Surely he's more important than Brett, no?

I hope that all 6 deleted scenes from Taiwanese version were captured and de-interlaced properly.

I hope the original trailer is on there and not that Dimension crap. Thankfully, it does say 'Trailer Gallery'.

I'm hoping for better subtitles and proper mono. The original English dub is seemingly the same length, but like TCM, they might use it to fill in the ending which was the only thing missing. It would be better to use it in it's full-length, source the original materials to make the Dimension dub or seamlessly branch it.

MIHK VHS is still the best version for me, despite it's problems with the image (cropped off subtitles and general VHS-ness).

Guest WuxiaFan
I can't wait to get a decent version of fist of legend (I have the UK DVD) but what I was wondering is what is in the uncut footage that doesn't appear on my DVD?

The Running Man
I'm hoping for better subtitles and proper mono. The original English dub is seemingly the same length, but like TCM, they might use it to fill in the ending which was the only thing missing.

There is actually no dialog scenes missing in the Dimension dub. So all they would have to do is just play over the music for a few second until it catches up.

• Administrator

I really like all the little bits that were included in the Taiwanese version (Ritek DVD), I felt like these tiny pieces added so much humanity and character development to the film. I hope the DD version will include them, though I have my doubts.

The Running Man

I would love to have a remastered version of the Taiwanese versions. Those extra parts really do add to the film.

Sounds like they used the english dub version of the film in the trailer as I do not recall the sound effects being like that. Can anyone clarify this?

Sounds like they used the english dub version of the film in the trailer as I do not recall the sound effects being like that. Can anyone clarify this?

Those are just sound effects for the trailer. Curiously, it looks bleached of colour with a hint of pink.

Looks like Billy's interview will be included according to another site.

Morgoth Bauglir

Wow that would be sweet if they put that HKL Billy Chow interview in there. A little something with Jet would be nice too, but I wouldn't complain if they didn't get anything with him. They just better get the movie right!

Archived