Fist of Legend (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

BLfan

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
daisho2004

Great News I've been waiting for this Movie. Hopefully they won't push it back any further.

oldeschool17

yeah cause Dragon Dynasty has never delayed their releases. I'll believe it when I see it.

oldeschool17
Since this is a Dragon Dynasty release I think you should expect it Spring 2009.

you must not have been around last year when we were suppose to get the jackie chan ma films and i think hapkido.

Bear in mind that the Dragon Dynasty website is so poor in terms of providing the consumer any updates. Their news section has not been updated since 2007. Invisible Target, Heroes of the East and Come Drink with Me is being released this week and no trailers is on the site. So I am hoping HKflix is correct as it says on the main page that Dragon Dynasty has annouced (what is their source????) that Fist of Legend will be in Sept 2008.

Actually, it seems that Bey's blogs is one of the few things being updated with some regularity on the DD website.

It gives me hope that the Hapkido release will be forthcoming because of his interview with Carter Wong.

I'll be extremely happy if FoL is being released in the fall...

massa_yoda

I liked how Bey talked about the troubled "Medallion" production in this blog. I am interested in learning more about what went wrong here (he said the problems they had could fill a book!). Regardless, can't wait for FoL!

bamboo spear

Hopefully we wont have to deal with "this sign says Jing Wu is closed" and a bunch of other overly-sensitive awful dubbing that covers up the cultural and political issues of the era.

Guest WuxiaFan

I am most interested in seeing if the DD version will be released on time and completely uncut.

The HKL version of Hapkido is outstanding. The picture is crystal clear and it comes with the original Mandarin audio with well written, removable English subs.

Let's ALSO hope that they don't first advertise it as a 2-Disc set and downgrade it to a 1-Disc like they did with Tai Chi Master! :mad:

Chinatown Kid

Yeah I pre-ordered mine from there last week, I hope they follow through with the September release date. Amazon also has Iron Man up for pre-order but no release date is given.

Guest Yi-Long
Yeah I pre-ordered mine from there last week, I hope they follow through with the September release date. Amazon also has Iron Man up for pre-order but no release date is given.

Why would anyone pre-order a Dragon Dynasty disc, considering how they messed up the Tai Chi Master release!?

I love Fist of Legend as much as the next guy, but my confidence in Dragon Dynasty actually delivering a very simple basic task* is pretty damn low

(*uncut, original language and sound, OAR, anamorphic)

I'm just gonna wait till the disc is actually out, and see what reviews it will be getting. Then, and ONLY then (IF it turns out they didnt screw it up), I will order it.

They kept us waiting for so goddamn long, so they can bet their ass that I can wait a few extra weeks to make sure they didnt mess it up again.

Chinatown Kid

Why did I pre-order it? Because I wanted to. I don't own a copy of the movie and wanted to have it, if it's uncut with original language that would be great but I still want it. If your too smart for that then good for you.:rolleyes:

I can't wait to get a decent version of fist of legend (I have the UK DVD) but what I was wondering is what is in the uncut footage that doesn't appear on my DVD?

I also hope that Dragon Dynasty releases a decent edition of police story 3, my region 1 looks terrible and sounds awful. I don't remember hearing a hip hop soundtrack when I first watched it.

Does anyone know if they're releasing the legend of Fong Sai Yuk I & II too?

Archived