Thoughts on any potential Jackie/Sammo/Biao future collaborations?

Asmo

The thread title's probably misleading and I just want to make this clear that I don't mean to spread false info or rumours of any sort. Just want to get thoughts from forum members on how a collaboration (if any) from these 3 would turn out now.

We all known that they've worked together on and off since Dragons Forever, well not the 3 of them. Of late, Yuen Biao worked on Rob-B-Hood with Jackie (and Sammo was to be in it, apparently). What really made me start this topic was info from an interview with Jackie (from the Dragon Dynasty edition of Rob-B-Hood) where he said Biao filmed an appearance in New Police Story that was cut from the final version (I don't have the DVD myself so the info is third hand or so).

It just makes me wonder if they'll decide to do one final collaboration (regardless of genre) before they can't do it at all.

What are your thoughts/opinions on any potential collaborations in the future (if they'll do it, what it'll be like, factors etc)?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• massa_yoda

• shelliegal

• ben

• Asmo

I would love to see them on screen again, but I don't know if it would have the same magic they did in the 80's, back when they didn't need doubles or stunt men.

Five to ten years ago would have been great, but they'll be sixty soon, as hard as that is to believe.

It seems Yuen Biao can still do his own stunts, but I think they'd be good at a more-dramatic sort of film which seems to be where Jackie's headed. Sammo was pretty good during the dramatic scenes of SPL (which is truthfully the last thing I've seen of his out here) and I'm sure Yuen could pull it off (the last thing I saw him in was Rob B Hood). Hopefully the supposed directors cut (if it ever comes out) of New Police Story will have Biao's scene intact.

Well Biao is still in his early 50's, Jackie and Sammo mid 50's but I see what you mean. They'd be good in more of a dramatic type role but I can still foresee a comedy if they were to groom younger guys and take 'master' sort of roles. Perhaps they'd be good in the period flick Sammo wants to direct Jackie in.

I'd still love for them to do one film with all the martial brothers (Wah , Corey, Tak, Mao) (as some kind of tribute to their sifu) whether they're all in front of the camera or some behind.. but that's just wishful thinking.

TheGrimReaper

It would be really good if three of them collaborate again on screen - the chemistry between them in the early movies was unforgettable. Because they aren't in their prime (physically) probably a more settled plot would be more appropriate for Jackie, Sammo & Yuen to show some other skills in front of the camera not just doing stunts and fights.

A comedy sounds pretty well, or some sort of rematch towards any of their earlier foes or a vampire type of flick where they seek a powerful vampire which is going to destroy the human kind :)

The last one was kind a lame asumption, but it would be a nice refreshing position for three of them :)

Many projects would suit them, but definitely they should unite again...

gravedigger666

I would not be angry if they withdraw from movie industry and spend time with their families.Deserved retirement.

realistically i doubt they would reunite but then again stranger things have happened late on like jackie chan and jet li doing a film together

In my opinion they should have done a lot more films together during the 80s and early 90s

Mark Pollard

The problem seems to be Sammo Hung and Jackie Chan. Yuen Biao has worked with both of them in recent years. Yuen was in ROB-B-HOOD as previously mentioned and also in the WING CHUN TV series with Sammo. There has long been talk of a broken relationship between Jackie and Sammo ever since DRAGONS FOREVER. I don't know if it's ego, scheduling or what. They ought to put any differences aside and do something before they have nothing left but regrets. If they're hurting for a script idea they can do a remake of THREE AMIGOS.

I'd be ecstatic if they did one more together. It doesn't necessarily have to be all out action - the three of them are very capable dramatic actors and they are all still relatively fit enough for little fight sequences here and there. But yes, the biggest problem seems to be between Sammo and Jackie, I've heard that they haven't really got along since DRAGONS FOREVER (But then again Jackie reunited with Sammo working on WUSHU - Behind the scenes anyway - So hopefully this could bring more in the future)

Rumor was originally ROBIN-B-HOOD was to have reunited Sammo, Jackie, and Yuen as the trio of good-hearted kidnappers. Then it was confirmed of course that while Yuen was in the film, Louis Koo and Michael Hui were Jackie's cohorts.

One Armed Boxer

I had also heard that Jackie Chan & Sammo Hung had fell out over Sammo directing Once Upon A Time In China & America.

Apparently Chan had spoke about how some of his ideas for films he wanted to do in the future where a kung-fu western, and also a movie about somebody who had lost his memory. Chan eventually did both ideas in two seperate movies, Shanghai Noon & Who Am I?, but I read somewhere that Chan felt that Sammo stole both of his ideas when he directed Jet Li in OUATIC&A.

However both Chan & Hung where in Around The World In 80 Day's, and Hung also directed Chan in Mr Nice Guy, so you have to wonder how true the talk of a rift between them are.

Rumor was originally ROBIN-B-HOOD was to have reunited Sammo, Jackie, and Yuen as the trio of good-hearted kidnappers. Then it was confirmed of course that while Yuen was in the film, Louis Koo and Michael Hui were Jackie's cohorts.

Yeah thats right, I remember being very excited hearing that.

I just remembered that Bey Logan posted on his blog last year talking about an interview he did with Jackie that was going to be on the Dragon Dynasty release of ROB B HOOD, and Jackie talks about a reunion between the three of them..

http://dragondynasty.com/films/show/99

I suppose that could be part of the "featurette" with Jackie listed in the SPECIAL FEATURES..?

shelliegal

i agreed that they should have made more movies in the 80's and 90's together.

as for now, i don't really care what kind of movie they should make as long as it's with the 3 of them. i'm a HUGE fan of yuen biao and would love to see him with sammo and jackie again. they have great chemistry!

so i guess, whatever it can be, bring it on! :D

The possiblities are endless here. I would love to see an action comedy from the 3 that do it better than anyone else. But it would also be interesting with their age and expierence to see a more dramatic action movie.

Out of all Yuen Biao seems to be in the best screen fighting shape. Maybe his time off has helped him in the long run. I mean poor Jackie has broken more bones and in his diary says he's constantly in pain in some form or another. Sammo still looks good, but the extra weight can't be too good for him.

Either way....I agree I'd love to see one more movie with them before it's all said and done.

The possiblities are endless here. I would love to see an action comedy from the 3 that do it better than anyone else. But it would also be interesting with their age and expierence to see a more dramatic action movie.

Out of all Yuen Biao seems to be in the best screen fighting shape. Maybe his time off has helped him in the long run. I mean poor Jackie has broken more bones and in his diary says he's constantly in pain in some form or another. Sammo still looks good, but the extra weight can't be too good for him.

Either way....I agree I'd love to see one more movie with them before it's all said and done.

Seriously, Jackie needs to stop before he kills himself!

just want to say i love your avi!!! love biao in eastern condors.

5 Element Boxer

Ehh...they're are too old now, especially Sammo. I would love to see all three of them direct and choreograph a new movie, though. Ya'll know that would be awesome.