Shaolin Iron Claws: Wong Tao/ Lee Yi Min

teako170

In the middle of watching this one.

Pretty decent so far. Wong Tao is da man!

Plus, toss in a little Lee Yi Min and you can't go wrong :)

Comments on this one? Please, no spoilers. Still need to finish it.

Scan from Cinemart #106. Got outbid for this issue at the last minute so can't provide a better scan.

siclaw.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I didn't really like this movie, but the ending is worth waiting for. 100 ninjas show up and by the end of the fight Wong Tao has no arms or legs and he still wins. I hope I didn't give anythign away.

Awww man ... really?

Oh wait. You boys just funning with teako, ain't ya?

I get it. Haha. Let's play with teak's head - yukyukyuk.

OK well, I can play rough too....

...Vader is Luke's dad.

...Willis is really dead.

...and Heston is actually back on Earth - but in the future!

Yeah!!!!!

How you feel now "spolierboys"??

Didn't know who you'se was messing with it, did ya?

:D

...Willis is really dead.

:pYou know I never got a chance to see this movie, it's kind of like what's the point.

Wong Tao and Lee Yi Min? I need to see this.

Wong Tao has no arms or legs

You got it wrong teako, Chen Sing is the one with no arms or legs thats why he uses the shadowless fist.

On a serious note, this is an overall good movie - Chang Yi did shine in this one, his mantis fist is.....sweet. One thing about this movie good or bad is that Chen Sing SPOILER ALERT

He said no spoilers - so what are you peeking for?

:D

Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't seen this movie in awhile, but I remember being mad that chen Sing doesn't fight. Am I remembering this correctly?

ironfistedmonk

I like this movie, I'm a big Wong Tao fan, he rarely makes a bad movie (Assault of Final Rival is the only one which comes to mind)plus Lee Yi Min AND Chang Yi as the main villain, good stuff IMO.

No one loses their arms or legs Teako, Chang Yi does have his head chopped off but like the chickens they kill in these movies his body carries on fighting for another 10 minutes :D

I haven't seen this movie in awhile, but I remember being mad that chen Sing doesn't fight. Am I remembering this correctly?

To refresh your memory:

Yep, Chen Sing didn't fight in this one - with him putting his hands in the fire, you were sitting there thinking that he would uses the Iron Claws or Iron Palm & waiting for a big finale with him.

No one loses their arms or legs Teako, Chang Yi does have his head chopped off but like the chickens they kill in these movies his body carries on fighting for another 10 minutes

It was 8:47 minutes, I timed it.

Thought this one was rubbish.

You guys know that there is no pleasing Markgway - unless of course he is the top Villian in the movie & he gets to use his Iron Needles. :D:rolleyes::)

No one loses their arms or legs Teako, Chang Yi does have his head chopped off but like the chickens they kill in these movies his body carries on fighting for another 10 minutes :D

Morgoth Bauglir
Thought this one was rubbish.

Sorry, fans.

I'm gonna have to rewatch this. No way me and MArkgway agree on something:p

To refresh your memory:

Yep, Chen Sing didn't fight in this one - with him putting his hands in the fire, you were sitting there thinking that he would uses the Iron Claws or Iron Palm & waiting for a big finale with him.

I don't think a spoiler alert is needed there kfc. It should be a warning that people have to read. Something like this- "Chen Sing doesn't fight in this. You've been warned!"

is the JP VHS the only Version in 2.35? (Mandarin Audio alright)

there was a UK VHS too, how does that one fare?

Finished watching this tonight. Once again, Wong Tao is da man.

No cheesy chuckle-fu with this cat. Straight up hard core kung fu.

Anyone got a 2.35 wide copy of this??

Now, what's the Spag West track used during the opening credits?

Even the visuals reminded me of that genre.

And.... did Lee Yi Min seemed to be doubled during his battle with the 4 bodyguards near the end? I know he had broken his foot in 1977/78 and worked for nearly two years without realizing such. His acrobatic skills were top notch nonetheless and he looked pretty agile in this film.

From what Toby R. has stated in the past, its a shame that he doesn't even like kung fu films -

nor even seen 7 Grandmasters or Mystery of Chess Boxing.

We need to get a hold of that man and convert him!

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I still haven't watched the video asia version on dvd I'd picked up a while back, but I thought this was a decent film. If I remember correctly.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Chen Sing does use his kung fu in only in the beginning when he kills one of the ministers who disagrees with him.

Your right why was he not given his do in the end or somewhere in this movie. Oh well.

GD Y-Y

I still haven't watched the video asia version on dvd I'd picked up a while back, but I thought this was a decent film. If I remember correctly.

VOHL - is that copy wide?

If so, could you PM me? Thx.

Morgoth Bauglir

No the Videoasia version is full screen and bad quality. Is there an easy to get better version of this movie?

Very good movie...it was a letdown that Chen Sing didn't show up at the end....I thought Wang Tao looked great in this one. WARNING!!! The dubbing is a bit annoying but overall a solid flick.

Archived