Ninja Assassin (2009)

AlbertV

I enjoy watching Ninja Assassin didn't like Ninja I was bored to death it was a big disappointment to me just like American Samurai

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this, I thought gore elements were really well done, and well used. but the martial arts were almost non existant. Rain needs some serious coaching if they do another one,

Why the Hell MGM failed to release Sho's Pray for Death on dvd when Ninja Assassin came out is beyond me.

Pray for Death has never been released uncut on dvd anywhere and it's about damn time for it to be given to us fans.

It was shown on MGM HD in it's original widescreen scope, but cut (although the cuts were different to the UK VHS).

The print is looking very good for it's age, so why the hell not ride the free press on the back of Ninja Assassin ?

As for Ninja Assassin.... it was lots of fun but the only thing that let it down IMO is the poor lighting.

I know ninjas are masters of darkness and stealth, but it's a movie so buy a few light bulbs for fu*k sake.

All in all though a great throwback to the ninja movies of old....blood, weapons (including a rocket launcher!), more blood, and some great showdowns...

I agree.I finally watched it after years of gathering dust in the unwatched row of dvds. Very positive surprise, martial arts could/should have been better but it still delivered bloody ninja action...Nice touch in the end, master seemed surprised student had learned "disappearing act" also...

Archived